Magpul ubr + delton lower = problems
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Magpul ubr + delton lower = problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Magpul ubr + delton lower = problems

So yeah, I just spent $270+ on a part I've been dreaming about forever. The Magpul UBR stock. And I have absolutely no complaints about it at all. But my delton lower is a piece of non-mil spec crap. The ubr doesn't fit properly and leaves a gap between the lower and the main tube assembly on the ubr. So my dreams were a little crushed. But, I figured I've been needing to buy a new stripped lower for quite some time, seeing as my pmags don't drop out of the magwel and installing a miad kit required alot of force and a dremmell. My dad's friend showed me his Spike's zombie lower awhile ago and I want that. It's affordable at $115. I just wanted to tell everyone that delton needs to get there stuff together, and ARE SPIKES LOWERS MIL SPEC?

Btw the ubr will still function on the delton lower. The only problem is that because of the slight gap, it takes a little tension off of the rear takedown pin detent spring (which I broke during disassembly). So your rear pin will be a tiny bit looser.

Idk the proper term for the hole in the lower that causes the problem, and I'm too lazy to google it. But it's the small circular hole cut into the outside of the lower right under we're you screw in the buffer tube. The ubr main tube assembly has a circular piece that fits directly into the hole and keeps the ubr from spinning around. Delton made the hole too small and the ubr won't fit in. It sits of the edges of the hole but not in it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-16-2012, 05:03 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Yes spikes are mil-spec. They are a bit tough to get a hold of at the moment though. I've been keeping an eye out for a punisher lower for over a month now. They come into stock and sell out in a matter of minutes.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:24 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5801 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

the ubr requires a shorter than carbine extension called an entry length extension tube that should have come with the stock.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 05-16-2012, 06:10 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
the ubr requires a shorter than carbine extension called an entry length extension tube that should have come with the stock.
I know that. You can't put it on without doing that. I'm talking about the top part of the ubr stock, the assembly tube

Old 05-16-2012, 07:00 PM   #5

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
I know that. You can't put it on without doing that. I'm talking about the top part of the ubr stock, the assembly tube
Got a few pics ?

Old 05-16-2012, 08:17 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc
Got a few pics ?
Not today. The problem isn't major. Gun And stock should function correctly with the small gap. If the problem is bad, then I will upload some

Old 05-16-2012, 08:39 PM   #7

Liked 1031 Times on 724 Posts
Likes Given: 1029

So is there a problem with the receiver or not?

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:08 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well I guess not. I was trying to say that the receiver is a little different than it should be.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:56 AM   #9

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I have seen UBRs on almost every make of lower and never have I heard of this. I know I have seen atleast 1 DTi with a UBR and there was no gap. The only time I did see a problem with a UBR and a Lower was on a Mega Billet lower.

What is bottoming out on what? Where isnt it fitting in properly. We know you are sdaying a gap...but why is there a gap. The tube should screw in flush if its the tube I think you are refering to.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:52 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixer
I have seen UBRs on almost every make of lower and never have I heard of this. I know I have seen atleast 1 DTi with a UBR and there was no gap. The only time I did see a problem with a UBR and a Lower was on a Mega Billet lower.

What is bottoming out on what? Where isnt it fitting in properly. We know you are sdaying a gap...but why is there a gap. The tube should screw in flush if its the tube I think you are refering to.
No not the tube you screw in, the tube that slides over the buffer tube. It doesn't slide all the way in to the lower.
image-2190669328.jpg   image-3762165601.jpg   image-3157497844.jpg