Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Magpul RVG for standard G.I. handguards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2013, 07:27 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 41 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 70

Default Magpul RVG for standard G.I. handguards

was browsing thew the selection of junk at Academy for a cheap rail or some way to have a vertical grip (i personally shoot better with them) and was looking at the RVG,, now i loved my MOE handguards with the MVG,, it was the most comfortable vertical grip i ever used (i hate all there pistol grips though) but i like the standard hand guards and didnt want to buy both

so i opened the package there in the store to take a look and seen theses other small parts that came with the RVG

well after seeing this i thought hmm, it may be just the right spacing to fit the existing holes in the handguards i have now, it was tight but it pushed in with my thumbs.
now i did have to drill two small holes in the black inner heat shield for the screws to pass thru, i could have cut the screw shorter too as they were way to long.

but i love the end result, a nice clean look with the function i was looking for with no extra unnecessary rail space

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-30-2013, 02:33 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 76 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Im still trying to figure out if I like the vertical handgrips. I do like bipods and I have a hand grip that pops out and splits into a bipod like this
http://www.amazon.com/Mako-Tactical-Pivoting-Integrated-Adjustable/dp/B004O6IBVQ/ref=sr_1_22?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1380508255&sr=1-22&keywords=hand+grip+bipod

Last night I was farting around and decided to take it off and put the rail covers back on. It felt pretty comforatable to me that way too. I will have to do some more shooting both ways. I hadnt shot without the hand grip much since I put a quad rail on.

Old 09-30-2013, 02:49 AM   #3

Liked 41 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 70

try 50 yard double taps with and without a vertical grip,, for me i will keep both rounds damn near on top of eachother when using a vertical grip,, but with out one im all over the place, maybe its just me

anyway, thats why i say i shoot better with one, than with out

on another less important note, i noticed when shooting my friends registered full auto lower, it way easier to stay on target with one than with out