Magpul Moe Handgaurd
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Magpul Moe Handgaurd

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 02:07 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts

Default Magpul Moe Handgaurd

Anyone prefer the moe handgaurd to a quadrail. I know the picatiny rails go onto the moe but that's about it. What are some pros and cons of both? I'm trying to figure out which one I want so I would like to find out what you can and can't do with both

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-02-2013, 02:13 AM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Ive never used a quadrail, but my MOE I love. It is comfortable in me hand. I dont have a bunch of crap hanging off of my AR so i dont need the quadrail. I have heard they aren't very comfortable on the hand without rail covers. The only thing I have mounted on mine is a vertical grip. The MOE is also inexpensive..

Old 01-02-2013, 02:13 AM   #3

Liked 46 Times on 30 Posts

I prefer the quads over magpul. Just don't like polymer. If I wanted to stay plastic I would just keep the OEM handguard and add picatinny rails to it. I actually just bought a drop in quad rail for mine. I love the look of an original hand guard with carry handle sight but couldn't resist getting a quad. For now I have to use the carry handle sight with the quad because I can't afford optics and I hate how that looks with quads but O well. Can't always win right.

spit hell fire

Old 01-02-2013, 02:17 AM   #4

Liked 31 Times on 25 Posts

Just installed a moe handguard and I love it, but I also do not have many accessories on my AR, I keep it pretty basic

Old 01-02-2013, 02:43 AM   #5

Liked 1131 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

I dont care for the quad rails, I would never use much of that rail other than a flash light and front sight , the ones I have handled beat the crap outta my bare hands shooting ,both had sharp edges and seemed just big and bulky in my hands , I have several FF tubes and some of the magpuls and I do like my magpuls , they are thinner than most factory hand guards , better feeling, and magpul stuff can take a beating . and for what little bit of cost hey are its a huge upgrade for me over the big fat factory round hand guards

Old 01-02-2013, 02:54 AM   #6

Liked 2389 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc
I dont care for the quad rails, I would never use much of that rail other than a flash light and front sight , the ones I have handled beat the crap outta my bare hands shooting ,both had sharp edges and seemed just big and bulky in my hands , I have several FF tubes and some of the magpuls and I do like my magpuls , they are thinner than most factory hand guards , better feeling, and magpul stuff can take a beating . and for what little bit of cost hey are its a huge upgrade for me over the big fat factory round hand guards
I put one on mine, ill never use it, I like the look, it has squishy covers. Makes it nice.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 01-02-2013, 03:13 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5671 Times on 2962 Posts
Likes Given: 375

none of my 556 ar15 have quad rails. i do have a quad on my scar17 but it comes with it. i added a rail extension to it but not for the rail space but to get gripping surface further out and help protect me from the hot gasblock. ive got a half quad on my 458 socom upper.

i would shave the left right and bottoms off the quads i do have if i could do it and make it look good. i dont really care for em and vastly prefer the moe

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-02-2013, 03:31 AM   #8

Liked 257 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 185

I have big hands and quad rails are hard for me to hold so I went with the moe. I've got a forward grip and light mounted. I first bought the magpul forward grip that bolts directly to the handguard but I didn't care for it because it is small. I like the folding forward grips myself because they are versatile.

Old 01-02-2013, 04:56 AM   #9

Liked 1003 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

Another big fan of MOE handguards here. Cheap, tough as nails and they don't slop around like standard plastic handguards. Very tight fit, put a CTR stock on the other end and you've got one stiff rifle.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

purehavoc Likes This 
Old 01-02-2013, 08:50 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm an MOE fan as well. It is one of the first things I change about any upper I buy. They are just so comfortable and I'm another one of those people that don't hang a bunch of crap off my ARs.