Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Magpul Moe Handgaurd (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/magpul-moe-handgaurd-80055/)

BullseyePrecision 01-02-2013 02:07 AM

Magpul Moe Handgaurd

Anyone prefer the moe handgaurd to a quadrail. I know the picatiny rails go onto the moe but that's about it. What are some pros and cons of both? I'm trying to figure out which one I want so I would like to find out what you can and can't do with both

e43jimmy409 01-02-2013 02:13 AM

Ive never used a quadrail, but my MOE I love. It is comfortable in me hand. I dont have a bunch of crap hanging off of my AR so i dont need the quadrail. I have heard they aren't very comfortable on the hand without rail covers. The only thing I have mounted on mine is a vertical grip. The MOE is also inexpensive..

niteglock 01-02-2013 02:13 AM

I prefer the quads over magpul. Just don't like polymer. If I wanted to stay plastic I would just keep the OEM handguard and add picatinny rails to it. I actually just bought a drop in quad rail for mine. I love the look of an original hand guard with carry handle sight but couldn't resist getting a quad. For now I have to use the carry handle sight with the quad because I can't afford optics and I hate how that looks with quads but O well. Can't always win right.

elfmdl 01-02-2013 02:17 AM

Just installed a moe handguard and I love it, but I also do not have many accessories on my AR, I keep it pretty basic

purehavoc 01-02-2013 02:43 AM

I dont care for the quad rails, I would never use much of that rail other than a flash light and front sight , the ones I have handled beat the crap outta my bare hands shooting ,both had sharp edges and seemed just big and bulky in my hands , I have several FF tubes and some of the magpuls and I do like my magpuls , they are thinner than most factory hand guards , better feeling, and magpul stuff can take a beating . and for what little bit of cost hey are its a huge upgrade for me over the big fat factory round hand guards

kytowboater 01-02-2013 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purehavoc
I dont care for the quad rails, I would never use much of that rail other than a flash light and front sight , the ones I have handled beat the crap outta my bare hands shooting ,both had sharp edges and seemed just big and bulky in my hands , I have several FF tubes and some of the magpuls and I do like my magpuls , they are thinner than most factory hand guards , better feeling, and magpul stuff can take a beating . and for what little bit of cost hey are its a huge upgrade for me over the big fat factory round hand guards

I put one on mine, ill never use it, I like the look, it has squishy covers. Makes it nice.

JonM 01-02-2013 03:13 AM

none of my 556 ar15 have quad rails. i do have a quad on my scar17 but it comes with it. i added a rail extension to it but not for the rail space but to get gripping surface further out and help protect me from the hot gasblock. ive got a half quad on my 458 socom upper.

i would shave the left right and bottoms off the quads i do have if i could do it and make it look good. i dont really care for em and vastly prefer the moe

Devin556 01-02-2013 03:31 AM

I have big hands and quad rails are hard for me to hold so I went with the moe. I've got a forward grip and light mounted. I first bought the magpul forward grip that bolts directly to the handguard but I didn't care for it because it is small. I like the folding forward grips myself because they are versatile.

Quentin 01-02-2013 04:56 AM

Another big fan of MOE handguards here. Cheap, tough as nails and they don't slop around like standard plastic handguards. Very tight fit, put a CTR stock on the other end and you've got one stiff rifle.

Rogue 01-02-2013 08:50 PM

I'm an MOE fan as well. It is one of the first things I change about any upper I buy. They are just so comfortable and I'm another one of those people that don't hang a bunch of crap off my ARs.