Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > magpul MOE doesnt fit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2011, 01:50 AM   #21
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5244 Times on 2735 Posts
Likes Given: 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
My BCM w/ the black MOE has a triangular cap. I think JonM said it was more of a space thing. The freefloat tube that it has uses some of the room inside the cap not allowing enough room for the MOE tabs that go inside the cap.
thats correct. the moe guards fit just fine on my pencil barreled a1 upper with triangle endcap.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-11-2011, 12:51 PM   #22

Liked 940 Times on 665 Posts
Likes Given: 924

Thanks Jon. Man, I hope you can find another solution as good as the MOE.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 11-11-2011, 01:02 PM   #23
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5244 Times on 2735 Posts
Likes Given: 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Thanks Jon. Man, I hope you can find another solution as good as the MOE.
The moe are as close to the feel of the triangle guards as i can get. But ive already destroyed one set. So its pretty much the thermomold a2 roumd style. I think ill send a email to magpul see if they can help.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...