Magpul mil spec or commercial stock??
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Magpul mil spec or commercial stock??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2013, 02:37 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default Magpul mil spec or commercial stock??

Can anyone tell if this is a mil spec or commercial Magpul Moe

image-256982965.jpg

image-2673254901.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-03-2013, 02:42 AM   #2

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Milspec tubes a slightly smaller in diameter than commercial tubes.

If the receiver extention/buffer tube is too big for your stock, then chances are your stock is milspec and your tube is commercial.

If your stock is to loose on your tube, then chances are your stock is commercial and your tube is milspec.

Old 05-03-2013, 02:46 AM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki
Milspec tubes a slightly smaller in diameter than commercial tubes.

If the receiver extention/buffer tube is too big for your stock, then chances are your stock is milspec and your tube is commercial.

If your stock is to loose on your tube, then chances are your stock is commercial and your tube is milspec.
The stock will not fit on the tube!!

Old 05-03-2013, 02:56 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 541 Times on 329 Posts
Likes Given: 215

Question:
Why is there a difference between the two? Why not make everything to the same mil-spec specs?

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 05-03-2013, 05:12 AM   #5

Liked 1003 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1003

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa35jsf View Post
Question:
Why is there a difference between the two? Why not make everything to the same mil-spec specs?
Some brands cut corners to save a few cents here and there. A good rule of thumb is to write off any manufacturer that doesn't use a milspec receiver extension. A comspec RE is a red flag waving strongly that more things are wrong.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 05-03-2013, 05:15 AM   #6

Liked 1003 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1003

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate913 View Post
Can anyone tell if this is a mil spec or commercial Magpul Moe
The box should tell you commercial or milspec.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 05-03-2013, 06:37 AM   #7

Liked 205 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

Your right we should all be using everything Mil-Spec, driving Hummers and Duce and a halfs, and who needs airconditioning just roll down the windows, Oh that's right the windows don't roll at all. Well we are tough and can take listing to the arm forces radio station or Amcon Net instead of the Rolling Stones or Dr J whatever on the rap channel. And as for GPS they have the state of the art equipment, but you can't use it, it's only allowed for military purposes.

Now why should we have to pay for Mil-Spec, $1,000.00 an ashtray or $5,000.00 for a toilet is just out of my reach, I guess I'll have to go the little house outside with the half moon on the door, oh wait I can't do that, that's Mil-Spec too with the 55 gallon drum in the hole in the ground, besides I don't have any 55 gallon drums around to use. (LOL)

Jim

Old 05-03-2013, 06:45 AM   #8

Liked 156 Times on 93 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim
Your right we should all be using everything Mil-Spec, driving Hummers and Duce and a halfs, and who needs airconditioning just roll down the windows, Oh that's right the windows don't roll at all. Well we are tough and can take listing to the arm forces radio station or Amcon Net instead of the Rolling Stones or Dr J whatever on the rap channel. And as for GPS they have the state of the art equipment, but you can't use it, it's only allowed for military purposes.

Now why should we have to pay for Mil-Spec, $1,000.00 an ashtray or $5,000.00 for a toilet is just out of my reach, I guess I'll have to go the little house outside with the half moon on the door, oh wait I can't do that, that's Mil-Spec too with the 55 gallon drum in the hole in the ground, besides I don't have any 55 gallon drums around to use. (LOL)

Jim
Connecting the dots and keeping the thread on track I see...?!?

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved

Last edited by MoreAltitude; 05-03-2013 at 07:04 AM.