Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Magpul mil spec or commercial stock?? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/magpul-mil-spec-commercial-stock-89994/)

nate913 05-03-2013 02:37 AM

Magpul mil spec or commercial stock??

2 Attachment(s)
Can anyone tell if this is a mil spec or commercial Magpul Moe

Attachment 99096

AgentTikki 05-03-2013 02:42 AM

Milspec tubes a slightly smaller in diameter than commercial tubes.

If the receiver extention/buffer tube is too big for your stock, then chances are your stock is milspec and your tube is commercial.

If your stock is to loose on your tube, then chances are your stock is commercial and your tube is milspec.

nate913 05-03-2013 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AgentTikki
Milspec tubes a slightly smaller in diameter than commercial tubes.

If the receiver extention/buffer tube is too big for your stock, then chances are your stock is milspec and your tube is commercial.

If your stock is to loose on your tube, then chances are your stock is commercial and your tube is milspec.

The stock will not fit on the tube!!

fa35jsf 05-03-2013 02:56 AM

Question:
Why is there a difference between the two? Why not make everything to the same mil-spec specs?

Quentin 05-03-2013 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fa35jsf (Post 1234909)
Question:
Why is there a difference between the two? Why not make everything to the same mil-spec specs?

Some brands cut corners to save a few cents here and there. A good rule of thumb is to write off any manufacturer that doesn't use a milspec receiver extension. A comspec RE is a red flag waving strongly that more things are wrong.

Quentin 05-03-2013 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate913 (Post 1234884)
Can anyone tell if this is a mil spec or commercial Magpul Moe

The box should tell you commercial or milspec.

bigjim 05-03-2013 06:37 AM

Your right we should all be using everything Mil-Spec, driving Hummers and Duce and a halfs, and who needs airconditioning just roll down the windows, Oh that's right the windows don't roll at all. Well we are tough and can take listing to the arm forces radio station or Amcon Net instead of the Rolling Stones or Dr J whatever on the rap channel. And as for GPS they have the state of the art equipment, but you can't use it, it's only allowed for military purposes.

Now why should we have to pay for Mil-Spec, $1,000.00 an ashtray or $5,000.00 for a toilet is just out of my reach, I guess I'll have to go the little house outside with the half moon on the door, oh wait I can't do that, that's Mil-Spec too with the 55 gallon drum in the hole in the ground, besides I don't have any 55 gallon drums around to use. (LOL)

Jim

MoreAltitude 05-03-2013 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjim
Your right we should all be using everything Mil-Spec, driving Hummers and Duce and a halfs, and who needs airconditioning just roll down the windows, Oh that's right the windows don't roll at all. Well we are tough and can take listing to the arm forces radio station or Amcon Net instead of the Rolling Stones or Dr J whatever on the rap channel. And as for GPS they have the state of the art equipment, but you can't use it, it's only allowed for military purposes.

Now why should we have to pay for Mil-Spec, $1,000.00 an ashtray or $5,000.00 for a toilet is just out of my reach, I guess I'll have to go the little house outside with the half moon on the door, oh wait I can't do that, that's Mil-Spec too with the 55 gallon drum in the hole in the ground, besides I don't have any 55 gallon drums around to use. (LOL)

Jim

Connecting the dots and keeping the thread on track I see...?!?