Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Magpul mags

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2008, 03:24 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Magpul mags

OK once I get my lower done, I have been thinking I will also make an order of 30rnd mags in case we lose the bigger mags after the election. Sooo I was looking at a few places about mags and I was thinking I would get some bushmasters at first then I came across Magpul. Now I have waded through alot of reviews and from whet I can tell they are the best on the market. So I was wondering are they? has anyone had a bad one? and how dose the window work, I am abit leery of any mag you can see into but dose it work well?

Thanks!

Change is not a destination, just as hope is not a strategy. - Rudy Giuliani

Knowing is half the battle. The other half is VIOLENCE.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-14-2008, 03:27 PM   #2

PMAGS are GTG. Nuff said.

Old 10-14-2008, 03:33 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

While I don't share Kelly's enthusiasm for the product, I do believe they are making a good piece of kit.

That said, I find them a bit expensive for the price they are charging. You do get the advantage of the stainless steel spring, which is definitely a plus. But $15/piece for the non-window models is a bit of a stretch for me, personally.

If your cash flow isn't a problem, I believe them to be a good product. For the money, there are other choices out there for a reliable magazine for your AR platform though.

JD

Old 10-14-2008, 04:00 PM   #4

Well what would you suggest as a more affordibal one?.... and yeah I was planning on an order of 10 mags....

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Old 10-14-2008, 04:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fin24000 View Post
Well what would you suggest as a more affordibal one?.... and yeah I was planning on an order of 10 mags....
I have a link at home saved on my personal PC that is the good steel mags with the heavy duty follower that work well and are quite a bit cheaper. I will post it tonight when I get home...

JD

Old 10-14-2008, 04:11 PM   #6

OK Thanks!

Old 10-14-2008, 04:38 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fin24000 View Post
Here's a link that I've bought several mags from, P-mags, steel, and aluminum, and have always had great luck with him.

http://www.44mag.com/products.asp?dept=1326

Of course I'm slightly biased, because he is a local vendor

Or from these guys:

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR15-magazines-beta-s/21.htm

Definitely one of my favorites

Slo

Old 10-14-2008, 06:46 PM   #8

^ Those are the ones - the ones from Bravo Company. I have about 20 of them, all with the green follower and they work great.

Good looking out Slo!

JD

Old 10-14-2008, 07:15 PM   #9

Brove Company mags, or Brownells are probably the "best" of the metal magazines for sure. The C-Products have been either hit or miss. My respect of the PMAG comes from the fact that metal magazines are either aluminum and the lips are easily bent or that they're steel and heavy, the PMAGs suffer neither of these flaws. Don't even get me started on the H&K paper weights. My only issue with PMAGS is that they sometimes get crowded in shingles that hold 2 mags stacked together.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:18 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 54

I have 8 PMAGS and have run plenty of ammo through them. I have never had a problem with them, and I recomend them. That is just my $.02...

SGT U.S. Army Special Operations Command, Ft. Bragg, NC (2002-2006)
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran (2004)

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.