Magpul fakes ?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Magpul fakes ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2011, 07:16 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Default Magpul fakes ?

How do you really know whats real and whats fake out there , I am looking for a rear Magpul BU sight , and seems as though some of the stuff isnt real based on the prices , I know theres better places than ebay to help ensure this and probably better pricing , but Im looking for BU rear sights and a couple mags and a few other magpul goodies to go on the carbine

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-18-2011, 07:35 PM   #2

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

If its a true magpul product then it will either say magpul, have their logo, or both. Is this what you are askin bout?

images.jpeg

God didnt make all men equal colonel sam colt did

Last edited by Marlinman; 12-18-2011 at 07:53 PM.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:11 PM   #3

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
If its a true magpul product then it will either say magpul, have their logo, or both. Is this what you are askin bout?

Attachment 36326

Yup thats what Im asking about , I swear I saw some on ebay that said replica and they looked just like that and said they were for a airsoft rifle but the full set front and rear were $35

Old 12-18-2011, 10:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc

Yup thats what Im asking about , I swear I saw some on ebay that said replica and they looked just like that and said they were for a airsoft rifle but the full set front and rear were $35
Look on brownells. I paid i think $40 for mine. That covered shipping also.

Old 12-18-2011, 11:25 PM   #5

Liked 1069 Times on 752 Posts
Likes Given: 1073

I don't know about airsoft knockoffs but there are copies out there. If you buy off ebay, watch out for the seller's feedback.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 12-18-2011, 11:39 PM   #6

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
How do you really know whats real and whats fake out there , I am looking for a rear Magpul BU sight , and seems as though some of the stuff isnt real based on the prices , I know theres better places than ebay to help ensure this and probably better pricing , but Im looking for BU rear sights and a couple mags and a few other magpul goodies to go on the carbine
Lots of fake gear out their...much of the Chinese economy is built off of counterfeiting. One way to be sure you are getting an authentic item is to stay away from e-bay and places that do not have a reputation as an authorized dealer. Yeah, you will pay more but you will be getting your money's worth. A cheap product that fails to work is not really a bargain.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 12-18-2011, 11:45 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle

Lots of fake gear out their...much of the Chinese economy is built off of counterfeiting. One way to be sure you are getting an authentic item is to stay away from e-bay and places that do not have a reputation as an authorized dealer. Yeah, you will pay more but you will be getting your money's worth. A cheap product that fails to work is not really a bargain.
Thats why i said brownells. Midway usa is another good supplier

Old 12-19-2011, 02:53 AM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Just purchase from a reputable dealer. I won't purchase Magpul off of Ebay or Amazon.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 12-19-2011, 02:17 PM   #9

Myself I would just put my sights on a really quality product, pardon the pun.

Old 12-19-2011, 05:02 PM   #10

Liked 1069 Times on 752 Posts
Likes Given: 1073

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Just purchase from a reputable dealer. I won't purchase Magpul off of Ebay or Amazon.
Excellent advice. I buy from eBay only as a last result, usually when the other options are even worse.

Completely off topic but I have revived about 12 of 15 dead PC motherboards sold for peanuts though!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.