Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Magpul fakes ? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/magpul-fakes-53789/)

purehavoc 12-18-2011 06:16 PM

Magpul fakes ?

How do you really know whats real and whats fake out there , I am looking for a rear Magpul BU sight , and seems as though some of the stuff isnt real based on the prices , I know theres better places than ebay to help ensure this and probably better pricing , but Im looking for BU rear sights and a couple mags and a few other magpul goodies to go on the carbine

Marlinman 12-18-2011 06:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If its a true magpul product then it will either say magpul, have their logo, or both. Is this what you are askin bout?

Attachment 36326

God didnt make all men equal colonel sam colt did

purehavoc 12-18-2011 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlinman (Post 654927)
If its a true magpul product then it will either say magpul, have their logo, or both. Is this what you are askin bout?

Attachment 36326

Yup thats what Im asking about , I swear I saw some on ebay that said replica and they looked just like that and said they were for a airsoft rifle but the full set front and rear were $35

Marlinman 12-18-2011 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purehavoc

Yup thats what Im asking about , I swear I saw some on ebay that said replica and they looked just like that and said they were for a airsoft rifle but the full set front and rear were $35

Look on brownells. I paid i think $40 for mine. That covered shipping also.

Quentin 12-18-2011 10:25 PM

I don't know about airsoft knockoffs but there are copies out there. If you buy off ebay, watch out for the seller's feedback.

Jpyle 12-18-2011 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purehavoc (Post 654921)
How do you really know whats real and whats fake out there , I am looking for a rear Magpul BU sight , and seems as though some of the stuff isnt real based on the prices , I know theres better places than ebay to help ensure this and probably better pricing , but Im looking for BU rear sights and a couple mags and a few other magpul goodies to go on the carbine

Lots of fake gear out their...much of the Chinese economy is built off of counterfeiting. One way to be sure you are getting an authentic item is to stay away from e-bay and places that do not have a reputation as an authorized dealer. Yeah, you will pay more but you will be getting your money's worth. A cheap product that fails to work is not really a bargain.

Marlinman 12-18-2011 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jpyle

Lots of fake gear out their...much of the Chinese economy is built off of counterfeiting. One way to be sure you are getting an authentic item is to stay away from e-bay and places that do not have a reputation as an authorized dealer. Yeah, you will pay more but you will be getting your money's worth. A cheap product that fails to work is not really a bargain.

Thats why i said brownells. Midway usa is another good supplier

mjkeat 12-19-2011 01:53 AM

Just purchase from a reputable dealer. I won't purchase Magpul off of Ebay or Amazon.

rifleshooter474 12-19-2011 01:17 PM

Myself I would just put my sights on a really quality product, pardon the pun.;)

Quentin 12-19-2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjkeat (Post 655207)
Just purchase from a reputable dealer. I won't purchase Magpul off of Ebay or Amazon.

Excellent advice. I buy from eBay only as a last result, usually when the other options are even worse.

Completely off topic but I have revived about 12 of 15 dead PC motherboards sold for peanuts though! :D