Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Magpul ACS Stock/General Stock Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2011, 12:05 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Magpul ACS Stock/General Stock Help

Hey all I am slowly building my AR and want to put this Magpul ACS stock on it.
ACS™ - Adaptable Carbine/Storage The question I have is what other parts do I need to put this on the AR. Let's just say the AR is complete minus any type of stock assembly from the rear of the upper receiver back is missing.
I am pretty sure all I need is a receiver extension, buffer, and buffer spring. Is that all? I am going for best of quality on this and is commercial or mil spec better? Examples??? One last thing that's extremely important, as well, is I live in NY and how do I go about getting something like the ACS pinned? Thanks everyone I really appreciate it sorry if this is any kind of repost!

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I fear no evil, for I am the meanest mother F***** in the valley!....oorah

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-19-2011, 02:44 AM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I believe NY requires pinning the stock.

The ACS has a nice cheek weld.

Go w/ mil-spec, it's stronger

It's actually from the lower receiver back, lol. Do you have the plunger/pin that goes on top of the spring right in front of where the extension threads in that holds in the buffer? It should have come in the LPK. Other than that you're list is complete.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:56 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Yea sorry it is the lower receiver haha apparently my brain works amazing at 0245. And I do have the pin that holds the buffer tube in. The only reason I asked about the receiver extension and buffer and spring in the first place is because I read somewhere that the particular stock didn't need one and that puzzled me. Then again that may just mean you don't need a modified one i don't know. Either way with the NY thing, I know that companies will ship the entire stock assembly pinned for you no problem but this is just the stock and nothing else. So I am just trying to figure out if I have to pin it or does it have to be shipped to an FFL where they do it? Maybe a call to Magpul might help. Thanks for the reply!

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I fear no evil, for I am the meanest mother F***** in the valley!....oorah

Old 10-19-2011, 02:28 PM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I live in a free state and have no idea about all those neutralizations, lol.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:10 PM   #5

Liked 971 Times on 682 Posts
Likes Given: 972

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
I live in a free state and have no idea about all those neutralizations, lol.
And we all pray it remains so for us. I wish people in ban states could get enough power to overturn their unconstitutional laws.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:38 PM   #6

Likes Given: 2

if you get a roll pin and drill ONE side out and into the buffer tube- stay away from the spring- it will make it so it can not be taken out unless the other side is drilled out and makes it legal. a simple screw or anything that is easily removed will not "work" in ny