M&p ts
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > M&p ts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2014, 04:06 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Default M&p ts

I'm ordering a new AR within the next week...mainly just because I need a new work rifle. I have a build I did in 6.8 spc but they won't allow me to carry anything other than a 5.56/.223. I also have am ACR enhanced...but do not want to carry a rifle with that much money tied into it at work. So...I'm considering the M&P TS. The price at LE rate is $1097 and it appears to have some great options on it. Just curious if anyone on here has one?

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-08-2014, 05:42 AM   #2

Liked 1069 Times on 752 Posts
Likes Given: 1073

Well at that price the Colt LE6920 is the standard for a patrol/duty rifle. The S&W is good though. What included options are you referring to?

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 02-08-2014, 05:46 AM   #3

Has a Troy full length rail, magpul furniture and flip up sights, 1/7 twist which I like because I prefer heavier rounds, a Vortex flash hider.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_766300_-1_757785_757784_757784_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

Old 02-08-2014, 01:54 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5982 Times on 3130 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Since you already have a 6.8 why not just get a reallllllly good upper for the lower you have now??

I would recommend a bcm chf of some sort and a bcm bolt carrier group and a bcm gunfighter medium handle.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-08-2014, 02:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Since you already have a 6.8 why not just get a reallllllly good upper for the lower you have now??

I would recommend a bcm chf of some sort and a bcm bolt carrier group and a bcm gunfighter medium handle.

Because per policy I have to have a factory matching rifle. No personal builds (another reason I can't carry the 6.8). Since I built my lower I won't be able to go that route...had already thought of it.

Old 02-08-2014, 02:32 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5982 Times on 3130 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule659 View Post
Because per policy I have to have a factory matching rifle. No personal builds (another reason I can't carry the 6.8). Since I built my lower I won't be able to go that route...had already thought of it.

That's really retarded...

In that case I would contact bcm and see if they will send you a lower. Either that or get a colt.

S&W are great plinkers not something I would bet my life on.

Odds are you will never need it but if you do....

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-08-2014, 03:13 PM   #7

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

The perfect patrol rifle that's wallet friendly

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1STR5035MLS

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens
Quentin Likes This 
Old 02-08-2014, 06:36 PM   #8

Liked 1069 Times on 752 Posts
Likes Given: 1073

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
The perfect patrol rifle that's wallet friendly

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1STR5035MLS
PH, you nailed it! Perfect patrol rifle. $800 is a great deal for that Spikes midlength!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

purehavoc Likes This 
Old 02-09-2014, 07:01 PM   #9

Liked 47 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I have the S&W MP 15TS and it has never given me a single problem in the 2 years I have been shooting it. It is one of my favorite AR's.

Old 02-11-2014, 06:49 PM   #10

Liked 279 Times on 220 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Mule if you can get a discount like on the M&P on others like Daniel Defense there rifles run around the same retail. I like the M&P line and had one but when your stepping up in price might as well look at others too.