Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > m&P sport

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2011, 08:55 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 214 Times on 172 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default m&P sport

I bought a S&W M&P sport last week and have been just get to know it as this is my first AR rifle. Paid $595 at my local general store. Fired a few rounds thru it with the stard site and then waited for my RRA scope mount to come in. I have a older burris japan made 2-10 scope to put on it. Went to a buddy's to get the scope on target and shooting some of wally world AR223 55gr. ammo to see how it shot. I did not expect much with a light .223 the a .556 chamber but I am more than pleased. 100 yard groups started at 1 1/4" and shoot one group right at 3/4". Can't weight to get some 68gr loads to try. Trigger stinks to me, breaks at 6lbs and will upgrade that to a 2 1/2lb jard and a hogue free float tube but that will be it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-05-2011, 10:30 PM   #2

Why did u go with the sport? Does seem to be good price but what r u giving up?

Old 11-06-2011, 12:32 AM   #3

Liked 214 Times on 172 Posts
Likes Given: 15

The few reviews I have read were very favorable and with a company like S&W behind it if a person did get a turd they will make it right. Not allways so with some other companies. For me, I'm not sure if I am giveing up anything except a couple inchs of barrel as I would like a 20" but after shooting a buddy's sport I went ahead a ordered one.. I don't feel I need a dust cover or the forward assest that a more costlier rifle might have. Our local dealer sells everthing for 10% over his cost so price are typicaly hard to beet over all. Look up the spec on it.