M&P 15-22 Platinum Pink Talo Edition
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > M&P 15-22 Platinum Pink Talo Edition

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2011, 01:27 AM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5801 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

Default M&P 15-22 Platinum Pink Talo Edition

until today ive never owned a smith and wesson product. i havent cared much for any of the handguns they have ever produced. but when i came across the pink tiger striped M&P 15-22 had to get one.

its basicly the standard model M&P 15-22 just painted with a pink tiger stripe.

cost was 499$ i had 155$ in store credit from previous purchases on their frequent buyer rewards program bringing the total price to 344$ before tax.

ordered it last week and it showed up today so i went down and picked it up grabbed dinner and came home to give it a good going over.

as you can see i changed a few things right off the bat. i added magpul moe grip and mbuis flip up sights replacing the stock ones from SW. i also removed the flash suppressor and added on my silencerco suppressor. the rails have blackhawk ultra light weight rail covers. these are very very very comfy.

sitting on top is currently my wife's leupold mk4 cqb scope off her M4 carbine. im possibly going to put a optic on it but im undecided as of yet.

its a very light fast rifle but then its a 22LR. i really like this little beastie. cant wait to take it out and run a few thousand rounds through it.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-15-2011, 01:38 AM   #2

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

For some reason I just didn't figure you for a pink gun kind of guy.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:52 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

lol i guess you missed my postings on my pink ruger 10/22 target rifle. ive also got a pink sig mosquito and my bersa thunder 380 has pink three dot sights and ive got a set of pink wood laminate grips for it.

ive always liked pink especially on firearms but most pink guns are junk as gun companies market their cheaest products to women paint em pink so they will sell. you seldom come across high quality firearms in pink.

if my wife hadnt claimed my DE 50AE as her own it woulda ended up with a pink tiger stripe duracoating....

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-15-2011, 01:55 AM   #4

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts

It's..... umm...... cute.

No, seriously, color me jealous. I want one.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:59 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

i dont expect everyone to like what i like heh. my wife thinks its hideous and she is the one that got the pink bersa for me lol. just need to find a deal on M&P 15-22 mags!!

Old 11-15-2011, 02:51 AM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I may not be a huge fan of pink but I sure like how you have it set up JonM. It's a nice looking rifle.

Old 11-15-2011, 03:01 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

thanks i had to order a suppressor spacer from silencerco. cant use the sparrow on it until the spacer gets here. im hoping it shows up before saturday. im probably going to put my nikon monarch 1-4x african on it. i dont really like the cqb scope. the nikon was supposed to go on my socom but it wont hold zero on that gun. i dont think it will have any problem with a 22lr.

Old 11-15-2011, 03:48 AM   #8

Nice looking gun. Before I read that it was your wife's Mark 4, I was gonna comment that I thought it was funny that you had a $500 dollar rifle with a $2500 optic.

That's crazy that the african won't hold zero. Doesn't it get the african designation because its meant for larger calibers?

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 11-15-2011, 04:05 AM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCross7 View Post
Nice looking gun. Before I read that it was your wife's Mark 4, I was gonna comment that I thought it was funny that you had a $500 dollar rifle with a $2500 optic.

That's crazy that the african won't hold zero. Doesn't it get the african designation because its meant for larger calibers?

-Fred
Ya. I got it cuz i thought it could handle the socom. If something is gonna break its gonna be a piece of gear i got...

Old 11-15-2011, 05:53 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM

Ya. I got it cuz i thought it could handle the socom. If something is gonna break its gonna be a piece of gear i got...
I feel ya there. I seem to have the same kind of luck.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"