Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > M&p 15-22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2011, 10:34 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I have one sitting in the closet for my 12 year old grandaughter's Christmas present. Really a nice solid little gun.

I need a 'bambalance!......Joe

Old 11-11-2011, 10:57 PM   #12

Liked 946 Times on 670 Posts
Likes Given: 940

Glad you found what you wanted, Jon! I do need to correct you though, the Colt/Umarex .22 most certainly does have a bolt hold open, it's internal.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 11-12-2011, 01:40 AM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I think the M&P is one of the best "tatical" .22s around. I can't remember which one but a firearms magazine named it the best rifle of 2010 which must mean something!

"It's not how big your stick is, it's how hard you swing it."

"When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.
These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives.
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer.
Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation take me home?"

Old 11-12-2011, 01:43 AM   #14
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2008 Times on 1090 Posts
Likes Given: 724

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
looking at getting one of those pink talo edition m&p 15-22s for use with a suppressor. anyone got any bad points about the mp??
It's finicky about what ammo it will readily digest. But what .22 other than a revolver isn't finicky?

I love mine.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 11-12-2011, 02:05 AM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5315 Times on 2774 Posts
Likes Given: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Glad you found what you wanted, Jon! I do need to correct you though, the Colt/Umarex .22 most certainly does have a bolt hold open, it's internal.
the one i saw a while back when they came out was at a gander mountain waaaay over priced the bolt catch didnt work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
It's finicky about what ammo it will readily digest. But what .22 other than a revolver isn't finicky?

I love mine.
my 10/22, bersa thunder 22, ruger mk3, cmmg 22 conversion, and gsg 1911 22 all eat everything i run through em. but i mainly use the cci blazer.

im going to run it through its paces suppressed and unsuppressed

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-12-2011, 02:43 AM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I love my Colt/Umarex M4 OPS.
It's reliable, super accurate, and a blast to shoot!

Old 11-12-2011, 03:37 AM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

that a lot nicer umarex than the ones i saw when they came out

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-14-2011, 09:29 PM   #18
FTF_MODERATOR.png

got to compair a colt 15-22 and a mp 15-22 side by side. the m&p felt better the safety selector works just like a regular ar15 90 degree turn. the bolt hold open is functional. the fore grip is not removeable from what i could tell so your stuck with the rail its got. the buffer tube is part of the reciever not a good thing in my opinion. lower reciever takes regular ar trigger parts. takedown is the same pushpin system as regular AR15s

the colt's reciever didnt feel like aluminum more like the frame of my gsg 1911-22 but that coulda been the finish they used dunno. the safety selector rotated 180 degrees and was very very loose. the bolt hold open catch was cosmetic and non functional. had to release the bolt by pulling the charging handle. lower reciever is not compatable with regular AR parts. needs tools for takedown

magazines was another issue plus and minus for both so in that area its a dead tie. MP mags are ~20$ each hold 25 rounds and are very sturdy. colt mags are 30$ each did not feel as rugged but hold 30 rounds. both semmed like they would be very easy to load.

im glad i picked the M&P over the colt it felt like a better gun overall with only a few knocks against it. the colt was too far away from the ar15 format to do what i wanted.

Old 11-15-2011, 12:00 AM   #19

Did you get it yet? Or were you just looking at one of the black ones? I was at my LGS today and they had the pink one. I can definitely say that it will stand out. Kinda neat looking though.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 11-15-2011, 12:45 AM   #20
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCross7 View Post
Did you get it yet? Or were you just looking at one of the black ones? I was at my LGS today and they had the pink one. I can definitely say that it will stand out. Kinda neat looking though.

-Fred
ya it showed up today i just got back from picking it up and getting dinner. had 155$ in store credit from their frequent buyer program lol. so price was 344$ before tax.

gonna do a post on it in a few gotta yank the flash suppressor off and get some pics with the suppressor. taking it out this weekend