M&p 15-22
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > M&p 15-22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2011, 01:32 AM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5646 Times on 2952 Posts
Likes Given: 372

Default M&p 15-22

looking at getting one of those pink talo edition m&p 15-22s for use with a suppressor. anyone got any bad points about the mp??

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-10-2011, 01:35 AM   #2

I'm sure you know, and it's really not even be a bad point at all, but the receivers are polymer.

I was looking at getting one to use for some supplemental AR training. The only issue I have is that they are polymer. I don't necessarily mind that they are polymer, it's just that they are too light for the purpose I would use them for. I want my .22 trainer to be as close to my actual rifle as possible, and the weight is just too light for me.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 11-10-2011, 01:44 AM   #3

Liked 1000 Times on 703 Posts
Likes Given: 1001

The M&P15-22 is a great buy when you can hit a sale (around $400 which I haven't seen lately). I went with the heavier metal Colt/Walther and love it but either rifle is worth having. The S&W operates much like a real AR and uses standard trigger group components which is an advantage over the Colt. The Colt weighs the same as a true M4 or M16. Both are fussy with certain ammo like many .22lrs. The Colt mag is 30rds, S&W is 25 and both are proprietary.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 11-10-2011, 01:52 AM   #4

I'm looking at picking up the .22lr dedicated upper from tactical solutions sometime in the future, and just using the same lower I have now for the time being, and maybe building a lower for it at some point down the road.

-Fred

-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 11-10-2011, 01:56 AM   #5

Liked 1000 Times on 703 Posts
Likes Given: 1001

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCross7 View Post
I'm looking at picking up the .22lr dedicated upper from tactical solutions sometime in the future, and just using the same lower I have now for the time being, and maybe building a lower for it at some point down the road.

-Fred
I think that's the best of both worlds and later if you want you can build another lower or even go with a Plum Crazy lower for peanuts.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:14 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
I think that's the best of both worlds and later if you want you can build another lower or even go with a Plum Crazy lower for peanuts.
That's kind of what I was thinking too. I would build it very similar to my actual rifle, and hopefully it will come in at the same weight so I can get some good practice with moving, target acquisition, target transition and the likes, but without breaking the bank.

Plus it would be a good rifle to get non-shooters into the sport. Whenever I take a new shooter shooting, I always start them on the 10/22. They don't understand how important it is for them to learn fundamentals with a rifle like this, and it's not a "cool looking" rifle, so sometimes they don't enjoy it as much. With some like an AR chambered in .22, they would be shooting a rifle that could be more physically appealing, but also be helping them pick up the fundamentals without creating any bad habits in relation to recoil.

-Fred

-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 11-10-2011, 02:35 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

didnt know the upper was a polymer too. never held one just seen em. never heard anything really negative either other than weight not being the same. nothing bad related to function.

the m&p comes in pink (huge plus) and the mags have a easy load button.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 11-10-2011 at 02:38 AM.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:27 PM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Theentire M&P15-22 is poly but I wouldn't be bothered by it. I have a CMMG dedicated upper which I like but swapped for a 15-22 w/ a guy at the range so we could see how the other felt in comparison. The 15-22 was really nice.

If I had it to do over again I would probably end up w/ a M&P15-22.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:36 PM   #9

For a .22 AR I would go with the (Colt umarex M4 ops). It can come with full R.I.S, it uses a blowback system, and what I like most about it is that it has a FULL METAL BODY!

Old 11-11-2011, 04:40 PM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon12312 View Post
For a .22 AR I would go with the (Colt umarex M4 ops). It can come with full R.I.S, it uses a blowback system, and what I like most about it is that it has a FULL METAL BODY!
thanks but im not a fan of the umarex model. the ones ive seen dont have bolt hold open and dont follow the ar15 format close enough.

just got a call from my lgs he has this model on the way at 499$

should be here by wednesday.

taking it out and giving it a workout with the silencerco sparrow suppressor