M.I. SPLP Rear BUIS Issue.... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > M.I. SPLP Rear BUIS Issue....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2011, 04:18 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Here it is without the charging handle

Old 02-11-2011, 04:34 PM   #12

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Ah well it's clear that the sight is not sitting flat on the receiver, why I'm not sure. From the pic it appears that the sight seat is slightly less than the picatinny rail perch (my terminology may be off) Can you take apart the sight base and the sit it on the receiver?

What you want is this,

s5032577.jpg

s5032578.jpg

While you at it why don't you send that pic to Midwest industries and see if their support staff has any suggestions.

Midwest Industries: MI Mission Statement

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 02-11-2011, 04:38 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
Ah well it's clear that the sight is not sitting flat on the receiver, why I'm not sure. From the pic it appears that the sight seat is slightly less than the pica tinny rail perch (my terminology may be off) Can you take apart the sight base and the sit it on the receiver?

What you want is this,

Attachment 25046

Attachment 25047

While you at it why don't you send that pic to Midwest industries and see if their support staff has any suggestions.

Midwest Industries: MI Mission Statement
I contacted M.I. and they were super nice about it. They are mailing out a new sight to replace this one, even tho I didn't purchase the sight directly form them, and didn't even send them pictures! But, I think I will email them these.

Old 02-11-2011, 04:39 PM   #14

I also just noticed that you dont have the SPLP rear sight, but I dont this should matter right?

Old 02-11-2011, 04:51 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13marine View Post
I contacted M.I. and they were super nice about it. They are mailing out a new sight to replace this one, even tho I didn't purchase the sight directly form them, and didn't even send them pictures! But, I think I will email them these.
That's a very stand up gesture right there, congrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13marine View Post
I also just noticed that you dont have the SPLP rear sight, but I dont this should matter right?
It shouldn't. The picatinny rail is a standardized component and thus anything built for it should fit. For whatever reason your sight does not fit - it may be the sight, it may be the rail. Have you got any other rail accessories that you can try? Just to rule out the rail itself as a possible problem.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

Old 02-11-2011, 07:24 PM   #16

Quote:
That's a very stand up gesture right there, congrats.

It shouldn't. The picatinny rail is a standardized component and thus anything built for it should fit. For whatever reason your sight does not fit - it may be the sight, it may be the rail. Have you got any other rail accessories that you can try? Just to rule out the rail itself as a possible problem.
Yes... i've installed and checked my Aimpoint Comp M4s, as well as the Midwest Industries FRONT sight in the same location, and they both mount perfectly flush.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:48 PM   #17

Let us know how it works out. Hopefully the new one will fit correctly and it's just an isolated incident.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

Old 02-11-2011, 10:29 PM   #18

Quote:
Let us know how it works out. Hopefully the new one will fit correctly and it's just an isolated incident.
I definitely will. I'm pretty sure the new sight should be fine, I just went to a gun shop and looked the same exact sight, and the cut seems alittle off on mine. M.I.'s willingness to ship me out another one right away without pictures or anything speaks volumes about their concearn for customer satisfaction. Hoping for the best