Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   M.I. SPLP Rear BUIS Issue.... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/m-i-splp-rear-buis-issue-38268/)

s13marine 02-10-2011 07:42 PM

M.I. SPLP Rear BUIS Issue....

First off, hello to everyone. I just purchased a Stag Model 3 and the sights I ordered for it are the Midwest Industries MCTAR FFG front flip up, and SPLP rear flip up sight.... the issue I'm having is that the rear sight sits at a slight angle to the left when up and locked on the rifle. It doesn't sit flush on the rail, it's pretty obvious especially when co-witnessing through my Aimpoint Comp M4. Has anyone else had this issue? Can someone post up pics of theirs, I was unable to find any through Google from the direct rear or from of the sight. Thanks for any help.

dog2000tj 02-10-2011 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s13marine (Post 442121)
First off, hello to everyone. I just purchased a Stag Model 3 and the sights I ordered for it are the Midwest Industries MCTAR FFG front flip up, and SPLP rear flip up sight.... the issue I'm having is that the rear sight sits at a slight angle to the left when up and locked on the rifle. It doesn't sit flush on the rail, it's pretty obvious especially when co-witnessing through my Aimpoint Comp M4. Has anyone else had this issue? Can someone post up pics of theirs, I was unable to find any through Google from the direct rear or from of the sight. Thanks for any help.

How about you post some pics of yours :p

No seriously, I have 2 sets of MI flip up sights and have not encountered what you described. Shows us what you got and maybe we can help.

BTW, congrats on the STAG ;)

s13marine 02-10-2011 08:28 PM

Edit: Picture removed due to being humongus

Here's a picture of it. It's not the best shot. I'll have to take more later since I'm not home atm. Would you mind taking a pic for me so I can compare.yours to mine?

s13marine 02-10-2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog2000tj (Post 442159)
How about you post some pics of yours :p

No seriously, I have 2 sets of MI flip up sights and have not encountered what you described. Shows us what you got and maybe we can help.

BTW, congrats on the STAG ;)

Thanks on the congrats, the weapon is immaculate. Would you mind posting a picture of your sight alignment if you have one hand? Just for reference. I have a reply pending with a picture of mine, but its not that easy to see. I'll take.some.better shots later.

dog2000tj 02-10-2011 08:51 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here you go,

Attachment 25013

Attachment 25014

Attachment 25015

s13marine 02-11-2011 04:18 AM

Why aren't my pictures showing up? Lol I have some good shots

mjkeat 02-11-2011 01:15 PM

Holy huge pictures Batman.

Did you try reinstalling it? Is the upper in spec? Can you try mounting the sight on another AR to see if it does the same thing.

Yuma, AZ. huh? I went to high school there. Do they still station the Harriers there?

dog2000tj 02-11-2011 02:33 PM

Can we get a pic with the charging handle removed?

s13marine 02-11-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjkeat (Post 442694)
Holy huge pictures Batman.

Did you try reinstalling it? Is the upper in spec? Can you try mounting the sight on another AR to see if it does the same thing.

Yuma, AZ. huh? I went to high school there. Do they still station the Harriers there?

I installed it on the handguard rails as well.... same results.

Small world... Yes they do still station Harriers here,
that's actually the reason I'm here. I'm in the Marines and I work on them, lol.

s13marine 02-11-2011 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog2000tj (Post 442733)
Can we get a pic with the charging handle removed?

pictures are uploading right................. now