Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Lwrc or Daniels Defense?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 12:56 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Guys let me start by saying thanks for all the feed back, see I know more about handguns then rifles I'm trying to learn more from looking on Internet and reviews I really really wanted the scar 17s but that's not happening in nj, so I started looking at AR15 a buddy of mine that's in the army said take a look a hk, so I went on you tube and watched a bunch and nothing bad was said about it but the wight of it so I sent a message to a guy I like to watch on you tube cause in his review he said he would pick a DD or a LWRC for the money over the hk cause they are top of the line as well but lighter.

Ps. As for the newer gas style I rather them cause it seems they can take more like shooting straight out of water and people say you have to drain the older style before shooting. I can go on and on but I hope this helps you guys understand why and where I'm at.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:20 PM   #12

Liked 200 Times on 157 Posts
Likes Given: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by strix View Post
Ps. As for the newer gas style I rather them cause it seems they can take more like shooting straight out of water and people say you have to drain the older style before shooting. I can go on and on but I hope this helps you guys understand why and where I'm at.
Are you really going to be in a position to need to be able to do that? I know reliability is important, but I just don't see paying for the remote possibility you will have to fire right after being submerged. Not all pistons can do that; it has more to do with the gas block than with the piston design itself. I am not judging the brand; HK can back their claims up, and have done so. But if you are not going to do some Seal Team 6 type operations or training, you will be paying for a capability you will not need.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

purehavoc Likes This 
Old 11-26-2012, 02:48 PM   #13

Liked 1111 Times on 721 Posts
Likes Given: 1981

I was getting ready to basically put the same thing as fsted as stated above , whats the chances you will ever be put in that scenerio ? Quite possibly never and for what ? an additional $1000+ . Your money so choose what you will and HK makes fabulous rifles but the price is not justifiable for me for what you get . Do yourself a favor and do more research and truly think about your exact needs and how you plan on using it . if you really intend that 10% or your use is going to be in underwater conditions then so be it , if you have less than 1% use in submerged water I think you have some more research to be taking a look at . Remember most all of the black rifles out are basically the same design , some more represented than others but 90% of them out there on the market will provide what 99% of most people will use them for .

Old 11-26-2012, 03:31 PM   #14

Liked 927 Times on 653 Posts
Likes Given: 906

Quote:
Guys let me start by saying thanks for all the feed back, see I know more about handguns then rifles I'm trying to learn more from looking on Internet and reviews I really really wanted the scar 17s but that's not happening in nj, so I started looking at AR15 a buddy of mine that's in the army said take a look a hk, so I went on you tube and watched a bunch and nothing bad was said about it but the wight of it so I sent a message to a guy I like to watch on you tube cause in his review he said he would pick a DD or a LWRC for the money over the hk cause they are top of the line as well but lighter.

I've got to ask, is English a second language for you? The above is painful to read and shows a total lack of respect of us. Compare it to the lucid, thoughtful replies here. It only takes a moment more to clearly communicate. Please!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 11-26-2012, 04:30 PM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin

I've got to ask, is English a second language for you? The above is painful to read and shows a total lack of respect of us. Compare it to the lucid, thoughtful replies here. It only takes a moment more to clearly communicate. Please!
No it in not, and I don't see what I said on here to have a lack of respect for anyone I started by saying thank you to everyone. I'm just unfamiliar with these rifles and systems, so I tryed to put it all out there so everyone can understand how I got to this point.

Old 11-26-2012, 04:34 PM   #16

Liked 927 Times on 653 Posts
Likes Given: 906

Quote:
No it in not, and I don't see what I said on here to have a lack of respect for anyone I started by saying thank you to everyone. I'm just unfamiliar with these rifles and systems, so I tryed to put it all out there so everyone can understand how I got to this point.
All I ask is for you to read what you wrote vs. most of the replies you got. Don't you see a difference? Why make all of us waste time translating because you didn't take the time to write better! That's all I'm saying. Make sense?

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 11-26-2012, 04:53 PM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin

All I ask is for you to read what you wrote vs. most of the replies you got. Don't you see a difference? Why make all of us waste time translating because you didn't take the time to write better! That's all I'm saying. Make sense?
Everyone seems to understand what I'm saying but you

Old 11-26-2012, 05:25 PM   #18

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Video are biased.

Piston or DI, if you have water in the barrel, you will have a KB. AK AR bolt action. Anything in the barrel is baaaaaad.

purehavoc Likes This 
Old 11-26-2012, 05:42 PM   #19

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki
Video are biased.

Piston or DI, if you have water in the barrel, you will have a KB. AK AR bolt action. Anything in the barrel is baaaaaad.
You may be right for all I know but on YouTube hk and DD torture test they are making it clear with there newer rifles its made for it and don't have to drain before shooting, I don't know enough about either system to say I'm trying to learn

Old 11-26-2012, 05:49 PM   #20

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Let me put it to you this way.

The barrels for the most part are the same on a Piston or DI. If you have an obstruction in your barrel, you will be in trouble. Period.

Water drains out the barrel pretty quickly, but can be trapped in the receivers.

If you have water or smutz in your receivers, the DI system will have a great chance of having a problem than a piston gassed system.

Last edited by AgentTikki; 11-26-2012 at 06:10 PM.