Luth-AR MBA3 stock.
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

Luth-AR MBA3 stock.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2016, 07:44 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 890 Times on 465 Posts

Default Luth-AR MBA3 stock.

Just a quick review of the Luth-AR MBA3 (adjustable carbine) stock. Visually it's a nice stock. Not very impressed with the function and comfort. First of all, the butt pad is hard plastic, not rubber padding. Second, adjustability is horrible. Most stocks have an easy access paddle or some sort of button to be able to make adjustments. This one is a knob you have to pull straight down. This wouldn't be bad if it wasn't for the adjustable check weld hardware getting in the way. Other thing I Don't like is the slop on the stock. It comes with an Allen wrench that stows on the stock, for adjusting the tension screw, but once you tighten it, you can't adjust the stock. For a $150 bucks, not sure if it's worth it. I bought this version so I can adjust the stock. This won't be bad for someone who wants to set the right adjustment for their eye relief and leave it, but for someone who likes to adjust based on how your shooting or position , the adjustment is a little cumbersome. Not going to give you manufactured specs you can find that on the website. Just wanted to share my slight disappointment in the product. Luth-AR MBA3 stock. - AR-15 DiscussionLuth-AR MBA3 stock. - AR-15 Discussion
Luth-AR MBA3 stock. - AR-15 Discussion

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-03-2016, 12:17 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3953 Times on 2569 Posts

I've looked at the ad in a magazine and wondered about the ergonomics. Thanks for the review. Anyone else try this?

Old 01-03-2016, 01:12 AM   #3

Liked 3256 Times on 1941 Posts
Likes Given: 826

To me it looks like they tried to make a carbine stock do too much. Like be light, but be a target stock.

Be interesting to hear from you after some time on the range.

Old 01-03-2016, 03:20 AM   #4
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1797 Times on 1011 Posts
Likes Given: 784

It sure looks cool. What does it do for you?

I understand the adjustable cheek piece, but isn't the collapsible stock designed to provide length-of-pull adjustment?

I think I would've spent the money on the stock gadget, magwell gadget, and aftermarket trigger on an Aimpoint Pro, but that's just me.

Old 01-03-2016, 04:31 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Thank you for the honest review. I was considering this stock for my next build, not so much now.

Old 01-03-2016, 06:30 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
To me it looks like they tried to make a carbine stock do too much. Like be light, but be a target stock.

Be interesting to hear from you after some time on the range.

I'll post once I get to take it out to the range.

Old 01-03-2016, 06:33 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512 View Post
It sure looks cool. What does it do for you?

I understand the adjustable cheek piece, but isn't the collapsible stock designed to provide length-of-pull adjustment?

I think I would've spent the money on the stock gadget, magwell gadget, and aftermarket trigger on an Aimpoint Pro, but that's just me.

So it is a collapsible stock, but it's not the most accessible to actually pull the lever to do it. The check rest makes it harder to actuate, and if you tighten the tension screw to take out the slop in the stock, you can't collapse it then. As for the sight. I like it because it's a 4x powered optic. Just wanted to try it out.

Old 01-03-2016, 06:50 AM   #8
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 412 Times on 261 Posts

I've got three of them mounted. Been on the rifles for about six months now. I originally bought one because the Magpul PRS, was on back order.

The Luth-AR is now the preferred stock for me, and my buddy. I adjust the length of pull seasonally to compensate for the thickness of my coats, and the cheek rest for different scopes. The adjustment seems pretty straight forward to me. But I don't change them often.
kansas45 Likes This 
Old 01-03-2016, 01:28 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3953 Times on 2569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigs-n-fixture View Post
I've got three of them mounted. Been on the rifles for about six months now. I originally bought one because the Magpul PRS, was on back order.

The Luth-AR is now the preferred stock for me, and my buddy. I adjust the length of pull seasonally to compensate for the thickness of my coats, and the cheek rest for different scopes. The adjustment seems pretty straight forward to me. But I don't change them often.
Is the recoil pad removable so you can put a spacer in to keep from adjusting it?

Old 01-03-2016, 01:50 PM   #10

Liked 140 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 315

I run a Luth on my 6mm RAT and like it pretty good. I don't notice any slop, and the adjustments are pretty easy and straight forward. I don't change the set-up very often, but when I do it works pretty good.
I have some PRS stocks also. Both the Magpul and Luth stocks are worth owning.

Will Rogers