Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   LPK Installation (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/lpk-installation-77320/)

ShagNasty1001 11-28-2012 09:23 PM

LPK Installation

Well I received my LPK from Palmetto State Armory and so far so good, I only have two hang ups, one which is keeping me from finishing. I am unable to get the roll pin to go into the rear end of the trigger guard, the one closest to the grip, and i also am unable to get the trigger pin to go through the entire trigger, even when it is out of the lower. It looks like the disconnector isnt allowing it all the way through. Any help with these problems would be greatly appreciated!

Quentin 11-28-2012 10:17 PM

You could hand turn a proper sized drill bit inside the trigger and disconnector hols to remove flash, etc. Be very careful with the trigger guard ears, don't whack on the roll pin with the bottom ear unsupported. Easy does it.

ShagNasty1001 11-28-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quentin (Post 1031164)
You could hand turn a proper sized drill bit inside the trigger and disconnector hols to remove flash, etc. Be very careful with the trigger guard ears, don't whack on the roll pin with the bottom ear unsupported. Easy does it.

Awesome! I tried the drill bit in the trigger guard and it worked like a charm. I haven't had a chance to try it on the disconnector yet

SSGN_Doc 11-29-2012 12:33 AM

Make sure teh disconnector spring is right side up. The fat end goes down into teh tail of the trigger. If you have the fat side up it can keep the disconnector from sitting all teh way down in the trigger.

ShagNasty1001 11-29-2012 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc
Make sure teh disconnector spring is right side up. The fat end goes down into teh tail of the trigger. If you have the fat side up it can keep the disconnector from sitting all teh way down in the trigger.

Ill have to double check that. I think the fat side is up. I didn't know it mattered. Learn something new everyday

Car54 11-29-2012 01:32 AM

You'll feel the disconnector spring "snap" when it goes into place.

ShagNasty1001 11-29-2012 02:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I was able to get it as much together as I can for now (I still need a buffer tube and stock assembly) but here she is so far! I think I am going to top her with a 300blk upper since I have a bunch of .223 casings and .30cal bullets for when I reloaded my .308. What do you all think? Also what would a good barrel length be for the blackout? I would like to make it an SBR with a can but alas I am not able to since I am not yet 21

brettc 11-29-2012 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001
I was able to get it as much together as I can for now (I still need a buffer tube and stock assembly) but here she is so far! I think I am going to top her with a 300blk upper since I have a bunch of .223 casings and .30cal bullets for when I reloaded my .308. What do you all think? Also what would a good barrel length be for the blackout? I would like to make it an SBR with a can but alas I am not able to since I am not yet 21

I really like those YHM lowers, don't know why just look good to me. Good luck with your build man

ShagNasty1001 11-29-2012 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brettc

I really like those YHM lowers, don't know why just look good to me. Good luck with your build man

Well thank ya. Yeah it was the look that really got me towards this one over the cmmg and RRA

brettc 11-29-2012 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001

Well thank ya. Yeah it was the look that really got me towards this one over the cmmg and RRA

I have 3 spike spiders and 2 PSA, but if I ever come along one of those ill be picking it up for sure.