Which LPK??
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Which LPK??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 11:39 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default Which LPK??

Hi. I took the plunge on a stripped lower today; a Smith and Wesson M/P. My first parts buy is the lower parts kit and stock/buffer tube parts, and they actually seem to be somewhat available. PSA has so many different ones and I don't know from what about the differences. My intention is to put together a good quality rifle in the 700-750 range. I am not too trigger picky and think something stock for now is just fine. I do plan possibly to free float the upper if i can afford it and don't know if there is an issue here relating to lower parts. I wouldn't think so but....Anyone have a suggestion to help start the selection process? Thankyou all, tk in san diego

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-01-2012, 12:34 AM   #2

Liked 1031 Times on 724 Posts
Likes Given: 1029

PSA would be a good choice for the LPK as you said. If they have a Magpul stock/LPK, those are a great buy if you like the stock. I think they have a CTR version for a great price.

My M&P-15 lower has a Daniel Defense LPK (very good quality but twice the cost of PSA even if you can find it). And DD upper. I call that rifle a Dan Wesson.
S&W makes a great stripped lower.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:38 AM   #3

Liked 258 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin
PSA would be a good choice for the LPK as you said. If they have a Magpul stock/LPK, those are a great buy if you like the stock. I think they have a CTR version for a great price.

My M&P-15 lower has a Daniel Defense LPK (very good quality but twice the cost of PSA even if you can find it). And DD upper. I call that rifle a Dan Wesson.
S&W makes a great stripped lower.
Ha! Now I'm wanting to get an M&P lower and DD upper.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:38 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1151 Times on 751 Posts
Likes Given: 690

PSA is good. check joeboboutfitters.com. he has some good prices on LPK and stocks when they are in stock.

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:41 AM   #5

Liked 1031 Times on 724 Posts
Likes Given: 1029

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovco View Post
Ha! Now I'm wanting to get an M&P lower and DD upper.
The receivers are a nice tight fit and the finish is very close. A real good match overall.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.