Lower SBR
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Lower SBR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 03:54 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Lower SBR

Recieved my PSA lower engraved by ident marking (great service here in Texas - would recommend) today. Sent off my paperwork now the wait and research game for upper.

I want to build an SBR 300blk for hog hunting out to 300yds at the very max. I'll also run subsonic and supersonic with an ACC suppressor - prob the 762n-6.

I have narrowed the selection down to delta arms 9" or AAC 8" upper. I like Noveske as well but think I can get a better deal and save for accessories/ammo with other other two.

Anyone have any concerns/advice on delta arm or AAC upper?
I was also planning on putting a Geisselle trigger in my BCM 5.56 lower, taking out stag 2 stage trigger and putting it in PSA lower? Good or bad idea?

I have another Stag lower with stag Lpk I was planning buy inexpensive PSA upper for and selling or keeping as backup

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-17-2012, 07:49 PM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I waited 5+ months for a DCA 9", they wouldn't return emails or PM's so I went with this Core15 upper, I received it in less than a week.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/aac-blackout-56449/index3.html

The AAC upper is 9" if I recall, the Noveske is 8". Most people have had excellent results with either of those. I don't have a can yet, but I'll probably get the one you mentioned. My thoughts were similar to yours, you can almost get a SBR upper & quality can for the cost of the Noveske. My buddy should have his 8" Noveske on Tuesday. I think DCA is quoting an 8 month delivery now, so ...

I like the Geisselle SSA-E I have in mine very much, can't go wrong there.

It sounds like you have a good plan, continue on.

Old 02-21-2012, 08:54 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Those who are in the know from shot show this year, is there a better 300 suppressor than the ACC 762SN-6? If I'm going to wait the 6months, spend over 1k then I want best technology.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:05 PM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 12

The AAC SR7 is their latest 7.62 suppressor. It's the same size & weight as the SDN-6. It uses the new 90 tooth Racket Taper Mount, which suppossedly eliminates any wobble that some people were experiencing with the 51T mount. A designer at AAC said it is a SDN-6 with updated exterior styling & a new mount. A local AAC dealer said he probably wouldn't have the SR7 until June or July, so you're looking at Nov./Dec. for getting your Form 4 back from the BATFE. MY upper came with the 51T mount. The price on the SDN-6 should be dropping with the intro. of the SR7, I'll probably wait a couple of months, save some $, and make a decision then.