Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Lower receiver recommendations?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 11:43 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdonk

You welcome
I put that link to good use okdonk! Noveske lower on its way. Thanks again sir! I also decided to get the spikes lower too. Guess I'll find out the difference between the two for myself huh?

Thanks for everyone's input! Much appreciated

Old 05-31-2013, 11:49 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 204 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 63

You are very welcome my friend. Indeed i ordered one for myself too. Just got the shipping tracking # today. What about yours?
Speaking of Spike's lowers, they are good to go. I'm a huge fan of them. But i got to tell you the last few Spike's Spiders lowers i got were different to their previous ones. I meant the quality finish is different. I assume they used other manufacturer? But their Punishers are still good as they used to be. So if i were you, don't get the Spiders but get Mega Arms forged lowers instead. Finish quality are top notch! And they are about the same price.
This is just my pure opinion.

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=121

Last edited by okdonk; 06-01-2013 at 12:38 AM.

Old 06-01-2013, 01:03 AM   #33
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdonk
You are very welcome my friend. Indeed i ordered one for myself too. Just got the shipping tracking # today. What about yours?
Speaking of Spike's lowers, they are good to go. I'm a huge fan of them. But i got to tell you the last few Spike's Spiders lowers i got were different to their previous ones. I meant the quality finish is different. I assume they used other manufacturer? But their Punishers are still good as they used to be. So if i were you, don't get the Spiders but get Mega Arms forged lowers instead. Finish quality are top notch! And they are about the same price.
This is just my pure opinion.

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=121
Mine arrived at my Lgs today. Now the wait begins for me as I'm in Jersey and our "instant" nics background check is now at a quoted 22 days!
Thanks for the tip on the Punisher lowers vs the spider. Just picked up the Timney 3 lbs skeletonized trigger and cmmg lower parts kit to add to my build.