Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > lower receiver internal parts matter?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 04:45 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts

Default lower receiver internal parts matter?

would it matter if i get brand x lower receiver internal parts compared to brand y lower receiver internal parts? any recommendations would be appreciated? what do you guys use?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-03-2012, 04:52 AM   #2

Liked 944 Times on 669 Posts
Likes Given: 933

Yes some LPKs are better than others. I've had good luck with DD and Stag. ArmaLite was all right. I didn't like DPMS or Del-Ton, both were rough.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 04-03-2012, 01:17 PM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

The internal parts that go inside the lower receiver are one of the most important factors in determining whether you have a good AR or just a so-so AR. In fact, when it comes to AR lowers it's about the only thing that matters. Your choice of buttstock matters I guess, but not so much.

I had good luck with a Rock River LPK that I bought through Joe Bob Outfittters. The trigger parts that make contact with each other were all highly polished and that resulted in a crisp, smooth as silk trigger pull. Everything else in the LPK seemed 1st rate and went together without any issues.

Old 04-03-2012, 01:24 PM   #4

Liked 1119 Times on 726 Posts
Likes Given: 1990

I ordered 2 LPKS from Palmetto and one of them was smooth as glass the other I was not happy with . it took alot of time cleaning it up and polishing it smooth but its up to par with the other kit now. I would have to say stay with a good known manufacturer like stated above , and if you do get one thats not great they will take care of you .