Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   lower parts kit. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/lower-parts-kit-50145/)

WhaleNoises 10-19-2011 05:32 PM

lower parts kit.

What would you guys suggest for a lower parts kit. I think it will be a BCM upper 14.5" mid length with a 1 in 7 twist. I want to do gunfighter charging handle and a BCM bolt carrier group. But I still am unsure on the lower part kit.

Jpyle 10-19-2011 05:38 PM

Daniel Defense makes a reasonably priced LPK that seems to get good reviews. DPMS is another popular option but some dislike the trigger feel.

WhaleNoises 10-19-2011 05:43 PM

I almost got a bushy bottom with a DPMS part kit. I just found out that they are owned by the same company. I've also heard that the navy seals us DPMS rifles, but they are inexpensive so it makes me worry about the quality. Do you know what people don't like about the trigger?

NickySantoro 10-19-2011 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jpyle (Post 605167)
Daniel Defense makes a reasonably priced LPK that seems to get good reviews. DPMS is another popular option but some dislike the trigger feel.

It was a number of years ago but I had a DPMS kit that was out of spec. I complained to DPMS and was completely ignored. I modified the parts (hammer/sear) myself and they work fine in combination with each other but are not interchangeable with others.
FWIW
YMMV

canebrake 10-19-2011 07:00 PM

Most LPKs come with a grip and I hate the chepo grips they include.

RRA sells LPKs where you can pick the grip you want. One of those grips is the ERGO which IMHO is the most comfortable grip out there.

Give them a look.

Rock River Arms: RRA Lower Receiver Parts Kits

Nathantc 10-19-2011 07:26 PM

DPMS parts kits are only good if you have other plans for the trigger. mine was very gritty and after one mag (30rds) a large chip formed on the face of the hammer.

all the other parts seem fine, but how couldnt they be.

just my .2

if u want to keep the trigger u get with your parts kit, dont go cheap. i did that, but i also have lots of spare parts and had a very nice trigger just sitting here.

Quentin 10-19-2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhaleNoises (Post 605161)
What would you guys suggest for a lower parts kit. I think it will be a BCM upper 14.5" mid length with a 1 in 7 twist. I want to do gunfighter charging handle and a BCM bolt carrier group. But I still am unsure on the lower part kit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhaleNoises (Post 605172)
I almost got a bushy bottom with a DPMS part kit. I just found out that they are owned by the same company. I've also heard that the navy seals us DPMS rifles, but they are inexpensive so it makes me worry about the quality. Do you know what people don't like about the trigger?

Whale, I mentioned Sawtac to you before, definitely drive over and check them out. They have the Valkyrie stripped lower on sale for $99, so that's about $106 OTD and you're not going to do much better than that with a $60 lower online after shipping and transfer. Also, last time I was in Jeff had Daniel Defense LPKs for about $70. Worth a call for sure.

Axxe55 10-20-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhaleNoises (Post 605161)

check out RRA for parts kits, or Brownells or Midway, they both carry lots of AR parts and accessories. just on a side note, the 14.5" barrel will be illegal unless you mount a muzzle brake or compensator on it, and it has to be welded on, if not the gun will be an sbr, therefore illegal.

WhaleNoises 10-21-2011 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55 (Post 606269)
check out RRA for parts kits, or Brownells or Midway, they both carry lots of AR parts and accessories. just on a side note, the 14.5" barrel will be illegal unless you mount a muzzle brake or compensator on it, and it has to be welded on, if not the gun will be an sbr, therefore illegal.

Ya I found one at g&r with it already pind

willfully armed 10-21-2011 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhaleNoises (Post 605172)

They definitely do not use dpms.

My cousins(team 10) dmr and m4 are gg&g uppers on a LMT lower with Geissle trigger.

DPMS triggers are horrible. I'd go with RRA LPK and 2 stage trigger.