LOVE my new Inforce Weapons Light
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > LOVE my new Inforce Weapons Light

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2013, 02:40 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 407 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 1465

Default LOVE my new Inforce Weapons Light

Love my new Inforce Weapon mounted light. (Inforce WML)

I was real sceptical at first buying a WL that costs only $90 and has only 125 lumens.
The "only" 125 Lumens didn't bother me, since that's still a lot compared to back in the day and my only application for the weapon light would be indoor defense during a blackout using mostly strobe function.

And i wanted something simple that would mount neatly and not add too much bulk or weight.
It was listed as light and taking only one btry so i knew it likely <was> light.

Though it doesnt feature my neatly integrated pressure plate for the VFG like my Surefire did, my VFG on the LWRC doesnt have a "channel" for the pressure plate anyway, the way my UTG VFG did.

it mounts very easily and securely the body is a polymer and this between the single battery is likely responsible for its low weight.
I have not yet been able to test it's ruggedness and I suspect it is not nearly as rugged as a Surefire of course... but then it installs so close to the rail that IMO it is less likely to bang into stuff than my older Surefire was.

And now for the pics of the installation

100_1605.jpg   100_1606.jpg   100_1607.jpg  

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

EVERY DAY MEN WHO WILL FOLLOW ORDERS TO KILL YOU, EXERCISE. DO YOU?
Dahamp2003 Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-12-2013, 09:58 PM   #2

Got another one of these for my 2nd CQB rifle set-up last week (a SIG 516)

Mounted it tonite on my SIG 516 to practice some night time house clearing.
(there is not much "house" tho.. so I suppose you could say I just walked around different corners of the apt in the dark orieting myself using the strobe from my WML with the rifle at "ready point" )

Again what I like about this light it is so unobtrusive when not used.

Its light (only 1 btry!) has no edges, doesn't jut out from the rifle much so adds very little bulk or weight..

Now if I was a SWAT team member conducting night time raids as 95% of my "business" my PoU would be different and I would desire a more powerful and substantial light and the extra weight/bulk/cost would be almost immaterial to me as the light is so critical in that PoU.

But as a civilian first defender my PoU needs this: a light that's so unobtrusive you dont even notice its on there, until you may need it.

100_1608.jpg   100_1636.jpg   100_1610.jpg  

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Old 10-12-2013, 10:01 PM   #3

For completeness sake I must say that the trigger button on this one seems to be less responsive and you sometimes have to push harder and/or just so to make strobe on.

So its finicky and sometimes needs an extra push. Still a lot better than no light
but in a firefight that could be a detriment so I may replace this light.

Lost the packaging long time ago not sure how pratcical to go thru the hoops of replacing it.

Was looking to buy a 3rd one for a 3rd rifle while this happend ( they are sold out of the basic model most places) and still might.

So in summary love the size/ non bulkiness and lack of weight but the second example has a too finicky "on" button.

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512