Loophole? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Loophole?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 05:04 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belltactical View Post
Just when you think you've heard it all.
They will sell you 223 but not 556?
Seriously??
They wouldn't sell me a sling, magazin e, or even a flashlight mount. If it was labeled tactical 21 yrs old. Define tactical please

Old 01-31-2012, 05:06 PM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Well, tactical, hmm.
Sorry, I got nothing.

Old 01-31-2012, 05:11 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belltactical View Post
Well, tactical, hmm.
Sorry, I got nothing.
Exactly my point. They had some pens and what not for sale by the register. If I would have said it would be my tactical pen I bet they wouldn't sell it to me lol

Old 01-31-2012, 08:23 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I love how they use the word "tactical" for their excuse. I believe that tactical is derived from the word tact which is dealing with others and or a situation with skill, grace ext. A freaking tactical accessory like a sling is no more "tactical" than a sling for a hunting rifle unless the individual using it knows how to handle it in a given situation with "tact".

Furthermore I hate to throw this out there but it happens to me all the time. I am knocking on 30's door but I am baby faced and getting anyone in the ol LGS to help me is nearly impossible due to the fact that they think I'm just some young punk wanting to waste their time looking at the guns I saw on C.O.D. last night. They do not want to accept the fact that a lot of my generation are the guys that are willing to dump tons of money on our "tactical" weapons, and we might just offer up a little more business for them. Sorry I will step off of my soap box. Now what were y'all talking about??

No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave.

Old 01-31-2012, 10:07 PM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5797 Times on 3027 Posts
Likes Given: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelBarton View Post
I was told by a few gun shops I had to be 21 to buy a lower. If it doesn't have a barrel. So I am wondering if I can bring my extra upper in and have them put it on and sell it to me like that
find a different dealer that guy is stupid. you have to be 21 to buy a lower that is listed as a pistol lower. 18 to buy a rifle lower. when you buy a gun your filling out the paper work for the serial numbered frame nothing else. so when you buy a complete rifle or pistol your doing the transfer for the reciever or frame. texas has no ban on "tactical" gear. a 1 day old baby can buy a "tactical" sling...

right now ive got the upper off my colt M16A1 sitting in my gunsafe. i do not have the tax stamp for the lower yet but i own the gun. so i can possess everything but the reciever, the rest of it in the eyes of the law is not a gun.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-31-2012, 10:28 PM   #16

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Everyone Clam Down! You CAN NOT sell a AR lower to anyone under 21 because it can be made into a PISTOL configuration, the local gun shop is complying with law. You can buy a AR rifle/carbine at 18. I use to PT at a gun store and these laws were drilled into me. Do Not blame the gun shop, blame the law makers.

Old 01-31-2012, 11:54 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I'm more concerned/confused with them denying purchase of tactical equipment. That sounds bogus to me, but I do completely understand the lower thing.

No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:10 PM   #18

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Buy online and find a friend that has a FFL.
That's bull crap to not sale you anything "tactical" sounds like you need to find a different company!

Old 02-01-2012, 03:45 PM   #19

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalash1138
Everyone Clam Down! You CAN NOT sell a AR lower to anyone under 21 because it can be made into a PISTOL configuration, the local gun shop is complying with law. You can buy a AR rifle/carbine at 18. I use to PT at a gun store and these laws were drilled into me. Do Not blame the gun shop, blame the law makers.
Only time it "can" be made into a pistol is if
a) it is a stripped lower;
b)it came from the manufacturer with a pistol reciever extension;
Otherwise, yes he can purchase it.

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 02-01-2012, 03:46 PM   #20

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

I thought it was called tacticool not tactical

Wyoming is what America was

Closed Thread