Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Loophole?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 04:45 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Loophole?

I was told by a few gun shops I had to be 21 to buy a lower. If it doesn't have a barrel. So I am wondering if I can bring my extra upper in and have them put it on and sell it to me like that

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-31-2012, 04:47 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Nice try.
21 or no gun.

Old 01-31-2012, 04:47 PM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Did you ask then why or just take their word for it?

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 01-31-2012, 04:49 PM   #4

Because it has to be registered as "Other" but in TX we don't have to register our guns so I was a little confused.

Old 01-31-2012, 04:50 PM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belltactical View Post
Nice try.
21 or no gun.
True only for handguns in free states. In Ks. you only have to be 18 to purchase a long gun. Unless Tx. is different, which I doubt, or it is marked pistol it's a long gun.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 01-31-2012, 04:52 PM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelBarton View Post
Because it has to be registered as "Other" but in TX we don't have to register our guns so I was a little confused.
Get another ****ing LGS because they are full of ****. I am starting to really hate the majority of gun stores. All I ever read is some LGS jerking some guy around for BS reasons.

-John Ruskin

Quote:

Old 01-31-2012, 04:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Get another ****ing LGS because they are full of ****. I am starting to really hate the majority of gun stores. All I ever read is some LGS jerking some guy around for BS reasons.
Oh believe me I haven't went back there. They wouldn't sell anything tactical unless you arr 21. They would sell me 223 ammo but not5.56 because it is "tactical". Collectors Firearms in Houston. Don't go for tactical. But their antique and hunting selection is great

Old 01-31-2012, 05:00 PM   #8

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

A store here in oklahoma had it set as 21 for an AR until they realized the law said you could be 18 to buy an AR. They changed it real quick and sales for them have gone up quite a bit. A friend of mine from Texas was surprised that I had one since I wasn't 21

Old 01-31-2012, 05:00 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Just when you think you've heard it all.
They will sell you 223 but not 556?
Seriously??

Old 01-31-2012, 05:03 PM   #10

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelBarton View Post
Oh believe me I haven't went back there. They wouldn't sell anything tactical unless you arr 21. They would sell me 223 ammo but not5.56 because it is "tactical". Collectors Firearms in Houston. Don't go for tactical. But their antique and hunting selection is great
I had one trying to tell me I couldn't use xm193 because it was steel core armor piercing.

People need to start speaking up and spreading the word. Would you go to a Dr that didn't know what a cold was, or a gun shop that didn't know the local laws on age restriction?

-John Ruskin

Quote:

Closed Thread