Looking for red dot scope - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

Looking for red dot scope

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 07:02 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I mounted it, but haven't gotten to the range yet. Hoping to get out there this weekend finally.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:04 PM   #12

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I appreciate the input. Don't take this wrong but I was really asking for input on the lucid hd7. I have narrowed it to it or the vortex a buddy of mine has the vortex but I like what I've heard so far about the lucid but don't know anyone running one

Old 02-23-2012, 07:38 PM   #13

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by adkins View Post
I appreciate the input. Don't take this wrong but I was really asking for input on the lucid hd7. I have narrowed it to it or the vortex a buddy of mine has the vortex but I like what I've heard so far about the lucid but don't know anyone running one
I had a Lucid. Had to send the first one back but the 2nd one worked well for me although it had some funky stuff going on w/ the reticle. There was a slightly noticeable square surrounding the reticle. The optic itself was heavy and large as compared to other RDS.

I've never messed around w/ the Vortex but I still recommend the Primary Arms Micro w/ ADM mount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-23-2012, 11:32 PM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Top dog as compared to what? Are you saying our troops are compromising w/ their Aimpoints, EoTechs, ACOGS, Elcans, etc.?
No, those are all first rate red dots. I said REFLEX. C-MORE predates even EoTech in that field and you will see them deployed in the sand, too. Put your hands on one and you'll know what I mean. The aluminum construction is way ahead of the polymer that C-MORE pioneered for competition, but it weighs much less than an EoTech. The integrated A2/A3 rear sight makes it a natural co-witness with the AR front sight and you don't have to work out any special math for what height you need to position properly with the EoTech, etc.

They all have their virtues, but the C-MORE was the innovator.

Last edited by scottybaccus; 02-23-2012 at 11:34 PM.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:56 PM   #15

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottybaccus

No, those are all first rate red dots. I said REFLEX. C-MORE predates even EoTech in that field and you will see them deployed in the sand, too. Put your hands on one and you'll know what I mean. The aluminum construction is way ahead of the polymer that C-MORE pioneered for competition, but it weighs much less than an EoTech. The integrated A2/A3 rear sight makes it a natural co-witness with the AR front sight and you don't have to work out any special math for what height you need to position properly with the EoTech, etc.

They all have their virtues, but the C-MORE was the innovator.
Cool. I never saw one but I really wasn't looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."