Looking for a new BCG - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Looking for a new BCG

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2014, 03:47 AM   #21
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6475 Times on 3438 Posts
Likes Given: 483

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccase39 View Post
Placed an order this morning! Thanks for the code. When it comes to charging handles is there really so much of a difference in quality from one charging handle to another? They all seem pretty standard to me with no moving parts and all.
I usebcm gunfighters in medium. Very solid design.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 01-31-2014, 04:58 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 296 Times on 236 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
I usebcm gunfighters in medium. Very solid design.
I agree. Standard charging handles will do just fine. But once you spoil yourself with a BCM Gunfighter ($40-50), it becomes a habit that's difficult to break.

I like medium (Mod4) Gunfighters. Two of my four rifles wear them. The other two have a Ranier Raptor and a BCM ambi. Both Ranier and BCM offer excellent ambi CHs. I feel the BCM is every bit as good as the Ranier, weighs moderately less, and will save you $20 vs the Ranier.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:32 AM   #23
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 240 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 69

Speaking of BCM GF Charging Handle.. i use the Medium on all mine. Agree with JonM, they are durable, solid and most importantly affordable

Old 01-31-2014, 01:29 PM   #24

Liked 506 Times on 298 Posts

If money is no object, buy a salient arms full auto bcg and let me know how you like it. Hehehe.

Sent from my HTC One X using Firearms Talk mobile app

Old 01-31-2014, 02:20 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1118 Times on 786 Posts
Likes Given: 1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccase39 View Post
Looks pretty cool. I will check it out when I have more funds. I'm thinking about replacing every part my Bushy until every part of it is upgraded and then I will have two, my Bushy and a custom build, Kind of a slow build.
I also have got the itch for a .308 though built for accuracy.
I must admit I have heard mixed opinions on the Bushy but I have been quite happy with it. It eats everything I feed it.
Honestly, when it comes to Bushmaster and other ARs in the mid to slightly lower quality levels it comes down to what you actually got not what they sell over the long run. Some are really bad, most will do, and sometimes they get pretty good parts for a while so better than average guns go out the door - for a while. Sounds like you got a good one which is what matters.

That's why many of us recommend BCM and Colt and a few others - the average gun they ship is very good. And if you do have a problem, well they do make it right.

You made a good choice with ROGTAC's Spikes BCG and as usual X-Mark gave you a great price. If you do want to build an AR, take your time and shop around for good uppers. Get what you want then you can test it out on the Bushy lower. Or go ahead with a lower first if the stars align right for what you want want in a lower receiver.

That's the great thing about building an AR, if you have the design built right in your head then the parts buying sequence is up to you so let the deals on good parts lead you.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.

fsted2a Likes This 
Old 02-06-2014, 08:39 PM   #26

Liked 256 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 391

Just adding my .02 for reference for those out there: I have been using SAA BCG's for a while with no problems. They are FA, and they work as well as any I have used in the past, for less than $100 including shipping.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Old 02-06-2014, 08:46 PM   #27

Liked 204 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsted2a View Post
Just adding my .02 for reference for those out there: I have been using SAA BCG's for a while with no problems. They are FA, and they work as well as any I have used in the past, for less than $100 including shipping.

I got that spikes from X-mark. Shipped same day and I got it like 3 days later. Can't wait to try her out

Old 02-06-2014, 08:56 PM   #28

Liked 256 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 391

Bushmaster is not a bad AR to start with, if you can catch one for about $600-800 range. As funds become available, you can put higher grade parts in it, like that Spikes BCG you just got, and make it a performer.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Old 02-06-2014, 09:00 PM   #29

Liked 204 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsted2a View Post
Bushmaster is not a bad AR to start with, if you can catch one for about $600-800 range. As funds become available, you can put higher grade parts in it, like that Spikes BCG you just got, and make it a performer.

Yea I have had 0 issues with it. I also just bought a premium PSA upper with Kmod hand guard which I will put on the bushy lower. Next I am going to build a higher end lower and eventually a higher end upper to pair with it. Figure I'll do about a build a year

Old 02-06-2014, 09:12 PM   #30

Liked 2054 Times on 1074 Posts
Likes Given: 392

I was looking to do the same thing a few months ago. Went to the local tactical store, which had every reason to sell me a new one whether I needed it or not.

The response: "if it ain't broke don't fix it"

I said I needed a backup

The response: "the one you have isn't going to break unless you were going full auto non stop for a long long time" (which I won't)

Sure mine will break next time out after sharing this! But think a LOT of $$ gets spent for nothing. Just my $0.02 worth