Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Looking For A New AR: Which Brand? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/looking-new-ar-brand-67978/)

MikeJK 07-10-2012 05:33 AM

Looking For A New AR: Which Brand?

I'm looking at getting another AR. I have a few but am wanting another. Currently I run a couple BCMs, a Daniel Defense, and a CMMG .22LR.

Should I get another BCM?

W/ all the talk about bad brands I'm wondering if there is any bad press out there regarding BCM. Have any of you come across anything?

Quentin 07-10-2012 05:40 AM

I haven't seen anyone dissatisfied with BCM. Even when there are problems, their customer service is quick to make it right. I'm pleased with mine.

MikeJK 07-10-2012 05:45 AM

What problems have you come across?

linuxuser3890 07-10-2012 05:54 AM

I suggest you get a Del-Ton. They are awesome and don't cost as much as all the other brands you mentioned. Just kidding.:p

I second the Lewis, great company to buy from if you are wanting to branch out from Brovo.

Quentin 07-10-2012 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeJK (Post 865304)
What problems have you come across?

None that are attributable to the rifle itself. Problems I've read about tend to be related to ammo, magazines, lubrication and third party add-ons. My first hand experience has been minor extraction issues with Tula/Herter's but the the same happens with my Daniel Defense. Cabelas user reviews complain on and on about Herter's stuck cases so this is ammo related.

Axxe55 07-10-2012 06:25 AM

Mike, do a Colt. maybe a retro one that looks like one of the originals from the early 1960's, but with more modern or better internals. A1 with the triangular foregrips, A1 upper and flash hider, ect., but a better barrel that looks original, quality BCG and trigger, ect.,

just an idea, and one i have been kicking around for some time now.

MikeJK 07-10-2012 06:30 AM

Before this gets to far off course. I'm not looking for suggestions as far as different brands.

I'm happy w/ BCM but was curious if others had heard, seen, or experienced anything negative w/ BCM as I'm looking to get another.

sputnik1988 07-10-2012 06:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Build an M16A1 clone!

I've been wanting to for a long time, but haven't gotten my 1st AR yet so it's gotta wait.

DO IT!!!!

(Pic for extra persuasion.);)

X-mark 07-10-2012 06:48 AM

I believe I read not to long ago that BCM had a run of upper receivers that were out of spec...the same issue PSA had. Of course they took care of the problem and all their customers who received them. Every company is going to have their share of something out of spec or missing parts. It is how they handle the issue that makes a difference. I recently had a run of Spike's LPKs where some of the kits had a missing piece. As soon as the customer let me know about it, I promptly opened a kit and sent them the missing piece, along with something for their inconvenience. I then, promptly made Spike's aware of this issue and they promptly sent me replacement pieces. In the end, I lost out some from these kits due to the extra shipping and the freebies, but these were my customers and it was my responsibility to correct the issue, even though I did not manufacture or assemble these kits.

Axxe55 07-10-2012 06:57 AM

X-Mark, that attitude is the sign that business or company puts the customer ahead of the profit margin. that type of CS goes a long ways in keeping and gaining new customers. i agree, everyone and every company can make mistakes, but how it's dealt with, says a lot about their character.

with your approach and attitude, i would do business with you!:D