You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

looking for my first AR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2010, 11:59 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 25 Times on 21 Posts

If your wanting it for hunting and plan to put a scope on it get one with no frount sight, they told me I would never see it through the scope, I did and it drove me nuts, so I paid to have the gas lock changed. I am also a big Rock River fan. I have 2 lowers and 4 uppers, all RR except the .204 upper and all shoot real well. I also don`t like the colapsable stock for hunt or realling any kind of shooting. Go to a range where you can rent them and try acouple of different models and see what you like best. I didn`t and I made alot of changes, they all cost.

Old 11-23-2010, 12:33 AM   #12
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4984 Times on 2362 Posts
Likes Given: 2436

Also if you are going to put a decent sized scope on the AR save yourself some grief and get a RRA Scout Rail with the rifle when you order. This will give you complete scope and eye relief adjustment. Which without it the scope usually is too far to the rear and you will not have proper eye relief to shoot it in the prone position. With out it the elevation turret will strike the rear of the front scope ring keeping it from going forward enough. There are also now some forward positioned ring mounts available to solve this problem also. And as our other member stated get a gas block or gas block fold down front sight and eliminate the standard front sight. *Just some helpful hints!