Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Looking to build a 300 black

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2013, 02:00 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Default Looking to build a 300 black

Ian looking at building a lightweight 300 blackout and saw the "honey badger" and really like the stock on it. Does anyone know where I can get a stock like it?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-22-2013, 10:58 PM   #2

Liked 374 Times on 248 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchjonbeep
Ian looking at building a lightweight 300 blackout and saw the "honey badger" and really like the stock on it. Does anyone know where I can get a stock like it?
From what i found it is a custom stock they made, but its based off the mp5 stock. So maybe try looking for ar15 mp5 stocks? If it really is a new custom stock, then youre not gonna see it for a little while.

Edit: apparently this thing came out in late 2011. So i think your SOL on a stock unless somebody with a HB sells theirs.

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Last edited by TheSadPanda; 07-22-2013 at 11:22 PM.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:24 PM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 11

I think it's an AAC proprietary design, that was inspired by HK.
The buffer area of the lower would definitely be different.

Old 07-31-2013, 02:36 PM   #4
CGS

Liked 66 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I have a new 300 BO upper for sale if you are interested.

-Thomas
NRA Life Member, ISRA Member, American Gunsmith Institute Certified, NRA Instructor, State of IL authorized Carry Concealed Instructor http://www.chicagogunsmith.com
http://www.firearmtrainingchicago.com

Old 07-31-2013, 04:24 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 927 Times on 424 Posts
Likes Given: 70

If you want a 300 with a stock like that you will most likely have to find a Honey Badger for sale, or at the very least an upper from one. In the picture below you will notice that AAC has a custom receiver as well as lower to accommodate the sliding section of the stock. the custom lower is probably not a necessity, but makes it more aesthetically pleasing. I had never even heard of the Honey Badger 300 until this thread, but find it to be pretty freaking cool. I wish that stock would just bolt right up to a standard mil spec upper, but unfortunately that is not the case.

hb_2-tfb.jpg

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Old 08-01-2013, 03:49 AM   #6

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGunner
If you want a 300 with a stock like that you will most likely have to find a Honey Badger for sale, or at the very least an upper from one. In the picture below you will notice that AAC has a custom receiver as well as lower to accommodate the sliding section of the stock. the custom lower is probably not a necessity, but makes it more aesthetically pleasing. I had never even heard of the Honey Badger 300 until this thread, but find it to be pretty freaking cool. I wish that stock would just bolt right up to a standard mil spec upper, but unfortunately that is not the case.
Have you checked out the videos on YouTube of it? Pretty awesome. Too bad we cannot legally own one...

Old 08-01-2013, 05:37 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:

Have you checked out the videos on YouTube of it? Pretty awesome. Too bad we cannot legally own one...
You talking about this video? If I could get my hands no one of those that would be awesome!

http://youtu.be/zn3KCSm3ui4
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

Old 08-01-2013, 03:53 PM   #8

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:

You talking about this video? If I could get my hands no one of those that would be awesome!

Video Link: http://youtu.be/zn3KCSm3ui4
I wish I could afford the ammo...

Old 08-01-2013, 04:50 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:

I wish I could afford the ammo...
I load my own so it is a helluva lot cheaper than buying factory loads. I've already got one 16" blackout and am only a week or two away from finishing a bad ass 14.5" one.

image-3036194481.jpg

Old 08-01-2013, 05:35 PM   #10

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:

I load my own so it is a helluva lot cheaper than buying factory loads. I've already got one 16" blackout and am only a week or two away from finishing a bad ass 14.5" one.
I really want to learn to reload so I can as well...