Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Looking for another new upper (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/looking-another-new-upper-69501/)

purehavoc 08-03-2012 01:07 AM

Looking for another new upper
 
I think Im going to stay on the same 5.56 platform as its cheap ammo and easily accessible most anywhere and I have a ton of it :D
I already have 3 16" and above and a shorty . Looking at a 14.7" in a middy .
Of course it will prob be a PSA , as I have had good luck with the other 2 I have . Any other suggestions besides what Im looking at ?

JonM 08-03-2012 02:49 AM

i HIGHLY recomend bcm uppers. they have their bcg on sale atm for 149$

Quentin 08-03-2012 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 891274)
i HIGHLY recomend bcm uppers. they have their bcg on sale atm for 149$

I bought a BCM upper a couple months ago and also recommend them. I knew I could save some bucks going with PSA but never have been sorry I went BCM. I also recommend Daniel Defense but it's harder to get a deal (unless Smartgunner.com has them in stock).


ETA:
Just checked SG and they do except the middy is 14.5 not 14.7". Also they don't have DD BCGs in stock so call it a miss I suppose.

purehavoc 08-03-2012 03:05 PM

Ok so maybe I just need a little push here , but I need explanation why BCM is a $115 better product . My buddy owns a complete BCM rifle , I have shot it and it runs flawless , I have PSAs that all run flawless , they all seem to have the same mil-specs and all the same testing . I have also asked him the same question time and time again and his answer is " its just better " . both bolts are HPI, MPT tested . Someones gonna have to sell me , Thats another 500 rds of ammo sitting in reserve for me
Maybe Im just overlooking something here . DD is a little higher than I would like to spend but that may be the road I decide to go down if I can find what Im looking for and to be honest with you Im not a fan of the railed handuards as I pretty much run my stuff pretty lean , and I do not like their other handguard either . I would like the standard M4 type handguards and if I decide to change it out later I will . Damn its hard to pick something out . LOL
PH

Quentin 08-03-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purehavoc (Post 891629)
Ok so maybe I just need a little push here , but I need explanation why BCM is a $115 better product . My buddy owns a complete BCM rifle , I have shot it and it runs flawless , I have PSAs that all run flawless , they all seem to have the same mil-specs and all the same testing . I have also asked him the same question time and time again and his answer is " its just better " . both bolts are HPI, MPT tested . Someones gonna have to sell me , Thats another 500 rds of ammo sitting in reserve for me
Maybe Im just overlooking something here . DD is a little higher than I would like to spend but that may be the road I decide to go down if I can find what Im looking for and to be honest with you Im not a fan of the railed handuards as I pretty much run my stuff pretty lean , and I do not like their other handguard either . I would like the standard M4 type handguards and if I decide to change it out later I will . Damn its hard to pick something out . LOL
PH


Can't argue that PSA is a heck of a deal. I'm hoping my SIL gets their upper soon so I can compare with BCM and DD. Doubt there's much difference. If you want DD, look at smartgunner.com. Uppers without rail, BCG and charging handle for $409 as I remember.

purehavoc 08-03-2012 05:57 PM

Im not real sure what PSA has done to their bolts but something has changed in them the last one I bought the bolt had no MP or HP stamping on it . Im thinking I may just go ahead and stay with my original choice of the PSA upper ,
Something bad always happens to me when I change my mind , ALWAYS , I am going to go with a spikes BCG also , like I said Im not sure if I just got a odd BCG on the last go round but I wanna make sure and I found the spikes BCGs HP/ MP for a bargain price of $113 shipped ;)
Smart gunner has some damn good deals on those uppers also , just no 14.5" without purchasing something else with it :(

purehavoc 08-03-2012 07:03 PM

WOW , Joe Bobs had the Spikes BCGs for $113 shipped in limited quantities go on sale at 1:03 by 1:10 they were sold out . Glad I got my hands on one when I did :D

Quentin 08-04-2012 12:32 AM

You might ask PSA if the unmarked BCGs are still HP/MP. I got a DD BCG a couple years ago that wasn't marked either but I trust the vendor, G&R Tactical, that it's right. They had a lot of questions about it and I since compared it to a marked DD and I feel good about it. Still you'd like it marked.

purehavoc 08-04-2012 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quentin (Post 892085)
You might ask PSA if the unmarked BCGs are still HP/MP. I got a DD BCG a couple years ago that wasn't marked either but I trust the vendor, G&R Tactical, that it's right. They had a lot of questions about it and I since compared it to a marked DD and I feel good about it. Still you'd like it marked.

It still has the PSA logo on the side just nothing on the bolt, guess I will have to shoot a email and a pic. Seems to work just fine so I'm not real worried about it just a little surprised as the other 2 were marked

X-mark 08-04-2012 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purehavoc (Post 892197)
It still has the PSA logo on the side just nothing on the bolt, guess I will have to shoot a email and a pic. Seems to work just fine so I'm not real worried about it just a little surprised as the other 2 were marked

PSA has mentioned on another forum that their BCGs are indeed HP/MP tested...there was a batch that did not get stamped.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:53 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.