Looking at 24" bull match barrel uppers - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Looking at 24" bull match barrel uppers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2011, 02:18 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Ok Thanks for the clarification, I don't know what i was thinking I know that just slipped my mind earlier.
I have made of my mind on the barrel upper, Im going to be getting it from j&t 24" bull coated fluted ported barrel 1:8 ratio. With a bipod which i haven't decided which style to go with, but leaning towards the BRMS bipod. Would it be better to get standard gas block on pitcanny rail or the aluminum one? The hand guard will be the badger system I like the way they look.
Now I have to find a in stock spikes lower, and my birthday present to myself will start coming together.

Old 02-15-2011, 03:15 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

As far as the gas block goes, the standard one they build their uppers with is perfectly fine. It's aluminum and has a small picatinny rail on top. The only draw back is it is too large to remove the handguard without removing the gas block. Sooner or later I am going to put a low profile gas block on my gun.

As far as the fluting, I would save the money and go without. It weakens the barrel slightly and you won't be able to put enough rounds through that barrel quick enough to even get it more than luke warm. The porting is kind of cool though. Makes the rifle quite a bit louder, and may be unnecessary as the .223 is not a hard recoiling round.

You'll be very happy with your J and T upper though. If you have any question in regards to what round will shoot well out of your Wilson Combat barrell, just send me a PM. Good luck.

Old 02-27-2011, 12:50 AM   #13

excuse the excessive questions, but I just like to make sure I have everything right in my head before I purchase. I got the barrel set up and will be ordering this week. On the lower I really want a spikes lower with the color fill, and a match trigger. A regular lower parts kit will work on the lower besides the trigger assembly correct?

Where is a good place for an awesome bolt carrier group, or examples of good pieces to make up one?

Thanks
Travis

Last edited by t-rav; 02-27-2011 at 12:54 AM.