Looking for 2 piece quad rail for RRA CAR A4

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Looking for 2 piece quad rail for RRA CAR A4

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2011, 11:23 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Looking for 2 piece quad rail for RRA CAR A4

New to forum, Rock River and AR-15's. I am looking for a 2 piece quad rail that will pop right into my new Rock River CAR A4 when i depress the Delta ring. I am not sure if they are all the same length and fit the collar opposite the delta ring.

Thanks

Any help appreciated

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-22-2011, 12:31 AM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2751 Times on 1336 Posts
Likes Given: 1396

Scb!

You could always put the one on it that is on the DEA-FBI Contract CAR Rifles.
I am assuming that it is the RRA CAR Length Hand-guard. The Quad Rail is the Surefire Model M-73 Quad Rail.You can see it on the RRA Website Easy to put on! Take the original ones off! Simply slip the bottom half on first with the long tab sticking out toward the sling swivel and bayonet lug. Set the top half into place. Put a touch of Blue Loctite on the screws and just snug the two screws and its installed. *Do not over tighten the screws! The rifle must be re-zeroed because installation will change the impact pint slightly due to barrel harmonics.

Old 02-22-2011, 01:45 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

+1 on the Surefire rails... I installed one on my M&P 15 and fit and finish is great.. there are plenty of cheaper ones out there too is cash is an issue. Gunkings has a lot of great deals and most items are free shipping

Old 02-22-2011, 01:57 AM   #4
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2751 Times on 1336 Posts
Likes Given: 1396

One other thing I forgot about the M-73. They come with inserts I believe 3 for the rails. They are what I call the ladder insert type. They do not add any girth to the Quad Rail! And you can take a razor blade and only cut away the area you choose to mount an accessory on leaving the other sections to take away the feel of any sharp edges on the Quad Rail! You can also see them on that website with the M-73.

Old 02-22-2011, 02:00 AM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Scb,

Welcome! Stop by the http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f2/ section an tell us a little bit about yourself, so we kinda know who we're talking to.

As for your question, there are countless options that would satisfy what you're looking for. Shop Shooting Supplies | Reloading | Gunsmithing | Hunting gear — MidwayUSA is one of the bigger places for a variety of AR stuff. Searching through their catalog will educate you very well in regards to what is out there, then start directing your ordering to whoever has the closest sale. If you ever start building AR/M4gery types feel free to PM me for more links and there are MANY others here (one of whom really got me going) that are more than willing to help.

Good Luck!!!