Look what I got today!!!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Look what I got today!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2010, 07:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Look what I got today!!!

First time posting pics hope they load. But i just got these today after my 10 day wait peroid.
I had never heard of the company that made them JD machine here in SD. But they are cnc'd and look/felt no different the the RRA or Colts that they had at the store. let me know what you all think.

lowers.jpg   3.jpg   lower2.jpg  

"Which is heavier a soldiers pack or a slaves chains" Napoleon
"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."Thomas Jefferson
"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity
"No combat-ready unit ever passed inspection, and no inspection-ready unit ever passed combat."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-22-2010, 07:05 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Congratulations! I'm not an AR guy, so I can't help as far as quality, but all things being equal, they'll probably work quite well for you.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-22-2010, 07:13 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

They look good. Small pin configuration, so that is really best for finding parts. I think you will be very happy with them when you get them built.

If you need help, just throw up a thread flag and several guys will jump in to help you spend some money.

JD

Old 08-22-2010, 07:19 PM   #4

Looks real nice. I bet you'll have fun putting that together. I am gathering all the necessary "parts" for my build as well.

Good Luck..

Old 08-22-2010, 08:14 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

thanks guys just about to order my lower parts kit. found a RRA lower parts kit with the 2 stage trigger for $140. Defiantly goin with that one. then the stock and grip. next pay check and hopefully ill have the money for my upper buy nov/dec if im lucky if not then when i get my taxes i will finish it.

"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
"No combat-ready unit ever passed inspection, and no inspection-ready unit ever passed combat."

Old 08-22-2010, 09:03 PM   #6

What was the price on it? I'm thinking about starting one after I sell a few other guns off.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it or their revolutionary right to dismember it or overthrow it."

-- Abraham Lincoln, 4 April 1861

Old 08-22-2010, 09:15 PM   #7

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach1337 View Post
thanks guys just about to order my lower parts kit. found a RRA lower parts kit with the 2 stage trigger for $140.
mach - Depending on what you are building, you might not get the best performance out of the two stage. For example, a 16", collapsible stock made for across the street and room clearing probably won't give you a great benefit from the RRA two stage.

Now, if you are building an 18" or 20" varmint style, that will benefit greatly from a nice two stage trigger.

Just something to consider as you spend money on parts.

JD

Old 08-22-2010, 09:26 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by murraywc View Post
What was the price on it? I'm thinking about starting one after I sell a few other guns off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
mach - Depending on what you are building, you might not get the best performance out of the two stage. For example, a 16", collapsible stock made for across the street and room clearing probably won't give you a great benefit from the RRA two stage.

Now, if you are building an 18" or 20" varmint style, that will benefit greatly from a nice two stage trigger.

Just something to consider as you spend money on parts.

JD
I got both of them for 200. they are havin a sale 1 is $130 or 2 @ 89 each.

and thats good to know jd i could use the extra money for other stuff. Im goin for a rock solid rifle. Want it to last as long as possible and be EXTREMELY dependable. i will be used for shots mainly under 100yards. but would still like to be able to reach out to 150 if needed. any suggestions?

Last edited by mach1337; 08-22-2010 at 09:30 PM.

Old 08-23-2010, 01:41 AM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

A couple competition shooters recommended Bill Springfield - www.TriggerWork.net for some good trigger work on mil-spec triggers.

Old 08-23-2010, 02:21 AM   #10

Liked 3737 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

You should have gotten one of them in .308

Nice score by the way, 2 lowers for $200 - very nice. Let us know how things go, I've been eying their billet .308 set recently.

Good luck

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD