Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Local Fun !!! Zombie shoot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2013, 02:27 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1117 Times on 725 Posts
Likes Given: 1990

Default Local Fun !!! Zombie shoot

I have been trying to get to this for 3 years but kids balls games has made it so I could not go . This year I went very early , it was super windy 25 mph plus winds but I had fun . Took 4 guns but only got to shoot 2 of them because of again ball game time restraints . The Kriss Vector did not like the ammo I fed it " PMC Bronze" I had 2 FTFires and both were hard hit primers . This gun is a PITA to manually eject a non fired round , It requires a mag drop and a manual cycle , Still ran the 12 zombie course in 55 seconds with my FTFs . Went back to the truck and grabbed my trusty 7.62X39 AR . The timer beeped and away I went , I did not miss any targets so that helped my time but still ended up with a 22 sec finish 12 zombies total in 4 zones shooting from 4 different stations . I practice shooting on the move with 5.56 but the 7.62 is a bit different animal you just get more muzzle rise , making it hard to stay on target with the 7.62 to get a good quick second followup shot if you need it . Anyway It was fun , I just wish I would have had the time to run my AK though the course . Anyone interested in a Kriss Vector ? zero recoil and super accurate

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens
Quentin Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-30-2013, 08:24 PM   #2

Liked 944 Times on 669 Posts
Likes Given: 933

Sounds like fun. Would be perfect for Halloween too!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 10-31-2013, 06:55 PM   #3

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Pix or it never happened. :P

Old 10-31-2013, 07:15 PM   #4

Liked 1972 Times on 1171 Posts
Likes Given: 423

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
Anyone interested in a Kriss Vector ? zero recoil and super accurate
I was always leary of them. It seems big, heavy, complicated, expensive and still shoots a pistol round, but is about as heavy and bulky as a carbine. i do like teh fact that they were creative in pretty much eliminating felt recoil and muzzle climb through a "clean sheet of paper" design.

I'll start the bidding at $5

Seriously, it does sound like a fun time. Nice to know that your AR will run the course fairly efficiently, even if you are fighting some 7.62x39 recoil.

Like you, I'd be interested to see how a 5.56 AR would run compared to the 7.62x39 AR as well as finding out how AKs in 5.45 and 7.62 would stack up.

Old 11-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #5

Liked 1117 Times on 725 Posts
Likes Given: 1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
I was always leary of them. It seems big, heavy, complicated, expensive and still shoots a pistol round, but is about as heavy and bulky as a carbine. i do like teh fact that they were creative in pretty much eliminating felt recoil and muzzle climb through a "clean sheet of paper" design.

I'll start the bidding at $5

Seriously, it does sound like a fun time. Nice to know that your AR will run the course fairly efficiently, even if you are fighting some 7.62x39 recoil.

Like you, I'd be interested to see how a 5.56 AR would run compared to the 7.62x39 AR as well as finding out how AKs in 5.45 and 7.62 would stack up.
It really isnt a bad rifle , its not any heavier than a carbine AR , The round is super accurate , it will shoot hole in hole out to 70 yards . Its a bit finicky on ammo but again this isnt the first time I have had problems with PMC primers I really think they are thicker primers . Never had a problem with Winchester , I believe they have some of the most reliable primers out there . My bad deal I bought about 900 rounds of the PMC for my pistols which rarely have a issue with it . I would have liked to ran a 5.56 AR because muzzle rise is really non existent after shooting the 7.62 AR . I know for a fact I could have double tapped the zombies with 5.56 rather than 1 shot of the 7.62 in the same amount of time

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens