Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Local Fun !!! Zombie shoot (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/local-fun-zombie-shoot-99614/)

purehavoc 10-28-2013 02:27 PM

Local Fun !!! Zombie shoot

I have been trying to get to this for 3 years but kids balls games has made it so I could not go . This year I went very early , it was super windy 25 mph plus winds but I had fun . Took 4 guns but only got to shoot 2 of them because of again ball game time restraints . The Kriss Vector did not like the ammo I fed it " PMC Bronze" I had 2 FTFires and both were hard hit primers :confused: . This gun is a PITA to manually eject a non fired round , It requires a mag drop and a manual cycle , Still ran the 12 zombie course in 55 seconds with my FTFs . Went back to the truck and grabbed my trusty 7.62X39 AR . The timer beeped and away I went , I did not miss any targets so that helped my time :D but still ended up with a 22 sec finish 12 zombies total in 4 zones shooting from 4 different stations . I practice shooting on the move with 5.56 but the 7.62 is a bit different animal you just get more muzzle rise , making it hard to stay on target with the 7.62 to get a good quick second followup shot if you need it . Anyway It was fun , I just wish I would have had the time to run my AK though the course . Anyone interested in a Kriss Vector ? zero recoil and super accurate

Quentin 10-30-2013 08:24 PM

Sounds like fun. Would be perfect for Halloween too!

AgentTikki 10-31-2013 06:55 PM

Pix or it never happened. :P

SSGN_Doc 10-31-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purehavoc (Post 1415848)
Anyone interested in a Kriss Vector ? zero recoil and super accurate

I was always leary of them. It seems big, heavy, complicated, expensive and still shoots a pistol round, but is about as heavy and bulky as a carbine. i do like teh fact that they were creative in pretty much eliminating felt recoil and muzzle climb through a "clean sheet of paper" design.

I'll start the bidding at $5;)

Seriously, it does sound like a fun time. Nice to know that your AR will run the course fairly efficiently, even if you are fighting some 7.62x39 recoil.

Like you, I'd be interested to see how a 5.56 AR would run compared to the 7.62x39 AR as well as finding out how AKs in 5.45 and 7.62 would stack up.

purehavoc 11-01-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc (Post 1419017)
I was always leary of them. It seems big, heavy, complicated, expensive and still shoots a pistol round, but is about as heavy and bulky as a carbine. i do like teh fact that they were creative in pretty much eliminating felt recoil and muzzle climb through a "clean sheet of paper" design.

I'll start the bidding at $5;)

Seriously, it does sound like a fun time. Nice to know that your AR will run the course fairly efficiently, even if you are fighting some 7.62x39 recoil.

Like you, I'd be interested to see how a 5.56 AR would run compared to the 7.62x39 AR as well as finding out how AKs in 5.45 and 7.62 would stack up.

It really isnt a bad rifle , its not any heavier than a carbine AR , The round is super accurate , it will shoot hole in hole out to 70 yards . Its a bit finicky on ammo but again this isnt the first time I have had problems with PMC primers I really think they are thicker primers . Never had a problem with Winchester , I believe they have some of the most reliable primers out there . My bad deal I bought about 900 rounds of the PMC for my pistols which rarely have a issue with it . I would have liked to ran a 5.56 AR because muzzle rise is really non existent after shooting the 7.62 AR . I know for a fact I could have double tapped the zombies with 5.56 rather than 1 shot of the 7.62 in the same amount of time