Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Like to make improvements (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/like-make-improvements-24889/)

Shihan 03-20-2010 12:19 AM

Like to make improvements

To begin, I am lazy and there are great knowledgeable people here that can answer very quickly.
So here is my question: Where and what is the best Place for a Free float Tube(Handguards) and Gas Block and the sights like Junho just put on?
Thanks.

Dillinger 03-20-2010 12:27 AM

Top Quality versus Price?

I always promote the good folks from Yankee Hill Machine. Put on tons of their stuff and it always fits and works as advertised. Plus they are 100% US made and stand behind their product.

Sure, there might be another maker that is 10% or 20% better, but at 2 or 3 times the price. When a good product works, why spend double to get something that also works?

JD

slowryde45 03-20-2010 12:56 AM

Shihan,

what are you looking for? Free float, yes. But do you want rails, if so, full quad rails, or maybe something that has rails only up front, or that you put on where you want them? Lots of choices and options, and of course....prices, too.

Yankee Hill, Midwest Industries, PRI, Ergo, etc. all make some really nice handguards, rails, free float tubes, smooth tubes w/ rails on the end, etc.

Tactical Handguards

Welcome to ERGO Grip Products

PK Firearms | Online Store

YHM, Yankee Hill Machine Co., Inc. Makers of High Quality Firearms, Accessories & Sound Suppressors | Forearms

Midwest Industries: One Piece FF T-Series

Rock River Arms: NEW! RRA Advanced Half Quad Aluminum Free Float

here's a few to look at. Also, most of those links also offer front and rear sights.

Slo

Shihan 03-20-2010 01:03 AM

No Rails want it smooth. Don't want to spend more than the Rifle itself.
Up to $150 for each of the upgrades. preferably < $300 altogether.

junho806 03-20-2010 01:46 AM

Here's the sights and low profile gas block that i got Shihan!
Q.D.S. System
Low Profile Gas Block

If you google it or look around ebay you can get it for way cheaper than on their website though
:D

Dillinger 03-20-2010 02:42 AM

Shihan, Do you ever shop at Brownell's?

They just sent out a complete shopping catalog all about the AR-15/AR-10 Platform.

Page 26 has several fore end tubes that are smooth and free floated.

If you don't have the catalog, you can get it free.

Let me know. I can get you the inventory numbers of the fore ends that would fit your bill and be well within your price range.

JD

slowryde45 03-20-2010 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shihan (Post 252871)
No Rails want it smooth. Don't want to spend more than the Rifle itself.
Up to $150 for each of the upgrades. preferably < $300 altogether.

Smooth like this?

JP V-tac handguards

Shihan 03-20-2010 04:16 AM

Don't Have the Brownells. I do have a Giant Midway Catalog.

JD, if you get me the Numbers that is what I am talking about. Point me in the way. I hate looking through pages and pages, I trust your opinion on what would work. Thanks

Mutabam 03-20-2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shihan (Post 252807)
To begin, I am lazy and there are great knowledgeable people here that can answer very quickly.
So here is my question: Where and what is the best Place for a Free float Tube(Handguards) and Gas Block and the sights like Junho just put on?
Thanks.

I don't use multi-railed free float tubes, but do use the excellent, though inexpensive, DPMS vented non-railed tube.

Love that sig line regarding Stigmas. Hahahahahahaha! That's rich! :cool: BTW, I do all my Brownell's shopping online. You don't need the catalog. If you know how to click a mouse, then you can qualify for their "trade discount", when registering online.