Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Lewis Machine&Tool Rear Sight.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2012, 08:02 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Lewis Machine&Tool Rear Sight.

I have not used my BUIS that came with my LM&T Defender 2000 AR-15 but since moving my Optic to another rifle I thought I would give it a try.
Anyone using them? They sure were simple to get sighted in using my bore sighter.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-12-2012, 08:53 PM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

A lot of people like them. Rugged.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-12-2012, 10:15 PM   #3

Liked 940 Times on 665 Posts
Likes Given: 924

That LMT is an incredible rear sight, I know because I've cut down a couple carry handles to achieve the same thing. Tough as nails but heavy and of course doesn't fold down.

If you ever decide to try the IBZ or RIBZ it'll be a lot of fun. Good optics have reduced the interest in all this but if you like irons you have the right rear sight!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
That LMT is an incredible rear sight, I know because I've cut down a couple carry handles to achieve the same thing. Tough as nails but heavy and of course doesn't fold down.

If you ever decide to try the IBZ or RIBZ it'll be a lot of fun. Good optics have reduced the interest in all this but if you like irons you have the right rear sight!
I had never used it since I have and ACOG the AIMPOINT M4 and a EOTech 553. have been changing my Optic's around, put the ACOG on my FNSCAR16s the AIMPOINT on my S&W 15T the EOTech is on my AMD-65.
So I thought lets try the BUIS from LM&T on the LM&T AR-15.
My S&W have fold down TROY BUIS so I knew they did work since trying them a while back.

Last edited by rifleshooter474; 02-12-2012 at 10:51 PM.