Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Lever Action AR15 in .30 Carbine?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009, 09:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Lever Action AR15 in .30 Carbine?

I dunno guys, I've never seen or heard of this before, but apparently it exists to work around semi auto bans in foreign countries? Opinions ? Could this be where we will be heading in this country? This has got to be a joke....right?

Last edited by crockett007; 03-05-2009 at 09:40 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-05-2009, 09:32 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2601 Times on 1368 Posts
Likes Given: 202

Now that's just stupid.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:55 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Is it just me, or does that remind anyone else of the "childproof" features on the cheapo lighters? I mean the kind which require the user to push a button before spinning the striker. In short, half-arsed.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:32 PM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Looks like a joke to me. However, in a Big 5 store earlier this year I did see a pump ak clone chambered in .223.....

9x18=Makarov

Old 03-05-2009, 11:39 PM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

thats enough to make me sick and i just got done eatin

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 09-05-2009, 05:17 PM   #6

Default It's real!

Hi Guys

The rifle you are looking at is in 30 carbine and it is intended for gallery range work.
In the UK we are not allowed semi-auto rifles other than .22 rimfire or handguns of any sort other than black powder revolvers. The only other revolver we are allowed is termed a 'long barrel revolver'. The barrel must be a minimum of 12" and the overall length must be two feet. This is achieved by fitting a welded-on wrist brace to the base of the pistol grip.
Anyway, back to the lever action AR15, these can be found on the following site-

Southern Gun Company, manufacture custom AR15 rifles, parts and accessories.

You'll find other variants there too, all manual operation to get round our **** gun laws.

-Jon

Old 09-05-2009, 05:46 PM   #7

Default It's real!

Hi Guys

The rifle in question looks like its a product of Southern Gun Company here in the UK. It is, as you rightly point out, in 30 carbine and has un underlever cocking mechanism.

Southern Gun Company, manufacture custom AR15 rifles, parts and accessories.

Over here we are not allowed semi-auto rifles except in .22LR.
We are also not allowed handguns. Therefore most of our pistol competitions are now shot with gallery rifles. Our definition of a gallery rifle would be a carbine length rifle chambered in a pistol calibre.
Most common types are western-style underlevers although bolt-action rifles are also common. The rifle above is an example of our gunsmiths' ingenuity in working round our draconian laws and is OK for use in such competitions.
Obviously, the calibre also has appeal for use in practical type shooting up to about 300 yards.
I know it sucks, but it's the best of a bad job for us shooters here in the UK!

By the way, I never voted for 'em!

-Jon, Kings Lynn, Norfolk, England.

Old 09-06-2009, 12:37 PM   #8

This is a prime example of why you cant be tolorant of stupid legislation!!!

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American...(T)he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." (Tench Coxe, Freeman's Journal, 20 Feb 1778)

Old 01-06-2010, 02:25 PM   #9

Hello everyone.

I just felt a need to explain how the UK got to where it is with firearms legislation

We had a nutjob called Michael Ryan who ran amok in Hungerford with a semi auto Ak47 back in the mid eighties, so the government banned semi auto centerfire rifle in the UK.
It turned out none of the guns he had with him were leagally owned but because he had a licence the blame fell at our feet.

Then in the mid nineties we had another called Thomas Hamilton who ran amok at a primary school in Dunblane Scotland.
He was a suspected peadophile but was still granted a firearms licence, go figure.

This occured at a time of general ellection in the UK and the Labour party under Tony B-Liar used this tragic incident as leverage to win votes.
One of the few election promises they actually kept was to ban semmi auto centerfire hanguns in the UK.

The media are ruthlessly anti gun in the UK and any incident is promptly plastered on the news followed by a previously unknown action group yelling for a total gun ban.
You even need to be registered to own an airsoft BB gun in the UK for pitty sake.

So at present we can own bolt action or Manually operated centerfire rifles, semi auto .22LR rifles 2ft long revolvers, black powder firearms, air rifles at 12ftlb air pistols at 6ftlb ,thats it.
Oh and we are under strict conditions of use, only allowed to carry to and from a range or gunsmiths and when used over land to hunt game its a good idea to inform the local police in case some well meaning person gets the armed response out on you (our version of swat)

But its not all doom and gloom.
Take heed.

Regards
RH in sunny and currently snowy Manchester England.

Last edited by Rockhopper; 01-06-2010 at 02:44 PM.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:55 PM   #10

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Welcome, Rockhopper to the forum. Why not stop by the introductions area and tell us a little about yourself.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!