Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > let me know what you guys think

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 11:44 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 15 Times on 8 Posts

I will try to answer these in order sorry if I screw it up

Old 04-23-2013, 11:47 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
I don't understand -- are the Colt and the other (brown) thing the "same" gun? If so, did it really matter much which good original gun you got to turn it into the second thing!?
Yes the, as you say "second thing" is the same gun as the colt, their are many reasons to start with the colt. For me it was the barrel, cartridge guides, factory BCG and the opportunity to own a colt

Old 04-23-2013, 11:51 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
Maybe it's hard to see in the picture, maybe I just woke up... But did you SBR that rifle, or did you just install a longer rail? Also, what did you do to the fixed front sight? Did you chop it off, or install a kit of some type?
Maybe you did just wake up lol but no I just installed a rifle length hand guard from BTE (battle tested equipment) as for the original front sight gas block, I replaced the entire set up with an adjustable micro block also from BTE

Check them out if you get a chance WWW.BTE-USA.COM the tanker charging handle is absolutely amazing

Old 04-23-2013, 11:56 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post

The barrel and bolt are the heart of any AR. He also has the colt recievers. It is factory built. So in essence it is a Colt. Now, it is a highly modified Colt. I for one think he done good, I'm sure others might hink differently.

I'm just curios tho, what kind of hanguards those are. I see an acs, miad and afgc, but can't figure out the hanguards. And I'm curious as to why you went with 45 degree sight and no optics.....freebies?
Again WWW.BTE-USA.COM is where I got the handguard it actually weighs less then the magpul carbine length and is much more modular plus it is now free floated. The sights were a gift directly from the manufacturer they will be available for purchase in a few months

forumrunner_20130423_165642.jpg
Old 04-23-2013, 11:59 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bforeman View Post

You can push a few pins out and the front sight slides off. Many companies make low profile gas blocks and a longer rail fits right over it. It really makes the gun look slick.
Thank you I believe slick is the perfect word to describe it haha plus the aircraft grade aluminium disperses heat so well I was able to fire 3 mags out and grab it without a problem

Old 12-29-2013, 05:30 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBofAZ View Post
Again WWW.BTE-USA.COM is where I got the handguard it actually weighs less then the magpul carbine length and is much more modular plus it is now free floated. The sights were a gift directly from the manufacturer they will be available for purchase in a few months

Attachment 97639
Just purchased BTE hand-guard 15", how do you index (12 o'clock) vent holes to properly attach sights (proper alignment)? This BTE handguard tube looks perfect but I want to install properly. Hope you can advise as your AR looks like you have everything lined up proper.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:17 PM   #17

Liked 195 Times on 159 Posts
Likes Given: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
Just purchased BTE hand-guard 15", how do you index (12 o'clock) vent holes to properly attach sights (proper alignment)? This BTE handguard tube looks perfect but I want to install properly. Hope you can advise as your AR looks like you have everything lined up proper.
Clamp a scope or other quick connect base across the reciever and handguard top rail and then tighten down the machine screws. Quicker to do than to type out. Scope base keeps alignment while holding screws or collar are tightened to hold the handguard. Hope this helps.

"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity

"MOLON LABE" - Come and get them, can't be any plainer than that!

Last edited by dwmiller; 12-30-2013 at 10:25 PM.