Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > let me know what you guys think

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 08:17 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 15 Times on 8 Posts

Default let me know what you guys think

So after all the bs I got the LE6920 which is the exact rifle I wanted, glad I waited, here it is what do you guys think

Day one!

forumrunner_20130423_011629.jpg

And now!

forumrunner_20130423_011550.jpg

forumrunner_20130423_011504.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-23-2013, 08:23 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 209 Times on 181 Posts
Likes Given: 63

Looking great! Are those DD fixed sights?

Old 04-23-2013, 08:27 AM   #3

Liked 15 Times on 8 Posts

Thank you I'm super pumped about it. They are BTE (battle tested equipment) 45° fixed irons they aren't on the market just yet but they bare beautiful

Old 04-23-2013, 11:28 AM   #4

Liked 374 Times on 243 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Exactly what you wanted? Good, that's the only way to fly. The wait was worth it.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:35 AM   #5

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

I don't understand -- are the Colt and the other (brown) thing the "same" gun? If so, did it really matter much which good original gun you got to turn it into the second thing!?

Old 04-23-2013, 12:40 PM   #6

Liked 2075 Times on 1222 Posts
Likes Given: 445

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
I don't understand -- are the Colt and the other (brown) thing the "same" gun? If so, did it really matter much which good original gun you got to turn it into the second thing!?
Since the parts he changed out aren't usually the parts folks buy Colts for it was probably important to him. Though I see your point that a mil spec receiver set and quality barrel and bcg would have the potential to be equal.

I like the configuration. I like a carbine with a long site radius and a way to get the support hand out front. Great thing about ARs is the modularity to really get what you want.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #7
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6944 Times on 4177 Posts
Likes Given: 8349

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBofAZ View Post
So after all the bs I got the LE6920 which is the exact rifle I wanted, glad I waited, here it is what do you guys think

Day one!

Attachment 97579

And now!

Attachment 97578
Very nice. To me, it's always worth the wait to be patient and get what you really want instead of just buying what's right in front of you and then wishing you had something else. Nice looking rifle.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-23-2013, 01:06 PM   #8

Liked 3763 Times on 1803 Posts
Likes Given: 664

Maybe it's hard to see in the picture, maybe I just woke up... But did you SBR that rifle, or did you just install a longer rail? Also, what did you do to the fixed front sight? Did you chop it off, or install a kit of some type?

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 04-23-2013, 03:05 PM   #9

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
The barrel and bolt are the heart of any AR. He also has the colt recievers. It is factory built. So in essence it is a Colt. Now, it is a highly modified Colt. I for one think he done good, I'm sure others might hink differently.

I'm just curios tho, what kind of hanguards those are. I see an acs, miad and afgc, but can't figure out the hanguards. And I'm curious as to why you went with 45 degree sight and no optics.....freebies?
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-23-2013, 07:55 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin
Maybe it's hard to see in the picture, maybe I just woke up... But did you SBR that rifle, or did you just install a longer rail? Also, what did you do to the fixed front sight? Did you chop it off, or install a kit of some type?
You can push a few pins out and the front sight slides off. Many companies make low profile gas blocks and a longer rail fits right over it. It really makes the gun look slick.