Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   let me know what you guys think (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/let-me-know-what-you-guys-think-89389/)

MikeBofAZ 04-23-2013 08:17 AM

let me know what you guys think

3 Attachment(s)
So after all the bs I got the LE6920 which is the exact rifle I wanted, glad I waited, here it is what do you guys think

Day one!

Attachment 97579

And now!

Attachment 97578

okdonk 04-23-2013 08:23 AM

Looking great! Are those DD fixed sights?

MikeBofAZ 04-23-2013 08:27 AM

Thank you I'm super pumped about it. They are BTE (battle tested equipment) 45 fixed irons they aren't on the market just yet but they bare beautiful

Donn 04-23-2013 11:28 AM

Exactly what you wanted? Good, that's the only way to fly. The wait was worth it.

HockaLouis 04-23-2013 11:35 AM

I don't understand -- are the Colt and the other (brown) thing the "same" gun? If so, did it really matter much which good original gun you got to turn it into the second thing!?

SSGN_Doc 04-23-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockaLouis (Post 1224063)
I don't understand -- are the Colt and the other (brown) thing the "same" gun? If so, did it really matter much which good original gun you got to turn it into the second thing!?

Since the parts he changed out aren't usually the parts folks buy Colts for it was probably important to him. Though I see your point that a mil spec receiver set and quality barrel and bcg would have the potential to be equal.

I like the configuration. I like a carbine with a long site radius and a way to get the support hand out front. Great thing about ARs is the modularity to really get what you want.

winds-of-change 04-23-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeBofAZ (Post 1224026)
So after all the bs I got the LE6920 which is the exact rifle I wanted, glad I waited, here it is what do you guys think

Day one!

Attachment 97579

And now!

Attachment 97578

Very nice. To me, it's always worth the wait to be patient and get what you really want instead of just buying what's right in front of you and then wishing you had something else. Nice looking rifle.

Mosin 04-23-2013 01:06 PM

Maybe it's hard to see in the picture, maybe I just woke up... But did you SBR that rifle, or did you just install a longer rail? Also, what did you do to the fixed front sight? Did you chop it off, or install a kit of some type?

AgentTikki 04-23-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockaLouis (Post 1224063)

The barrel and bolt are the heart of any AR. He also has the colt recievers. It is factory built. So in essence it is a Colt. Now, it is a highly modified Colt. I for one think he done good, I'm sure others might hink differently.

I'm just curios tho, what kind of hanguards those are. I see an acs, miad and afgc, but can't figure out the hanguards. And I'm curious as to why you went with 45 degree sight and no optics.....freebies?

bforeman 04-23-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosin
Maybe it's hard to see in the picture, maybe I just woke up... But did you SBR that rifle, or did you just install a longer rail? Also, what did you do to the fixed front sight? Did you chop it off, or install a kit of some type?

You can push a few pins out and the front sight slides off. Many companies make low profile gas blocks and a longer rail fits right over it. It really makes the gun look slick.