LBK parts question/ AR build...

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > LBK parts question/ AR build...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 03:43 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default LBK parts question/ AR build...

Hi. I just recently got all my parts from PSA in a timely manner; a LBK and a pencil profile stripped upper, both holiday deals. Merry Christmas to everyone here, BTW. I am not new to firearms, but not AR savvy in the least. The LBK is a stock, buffer tube, and a confusing bag of pins, springs and misc parts; no parts list, diagram, assembly sheet, nuttin. I was not expecting a detailed assembly instruction, but a parts list and exploded view would have been nice. How do I know I have all the necessary parts for assembling a functioning rifle? I know PSA has been swamped, and packing orders has been hit or miss lately. I am off to u-tube for a video search. Once again , thankyou all here for helping with my venture into the AR world. Current events not withstanding, I can now see many reasons for owning a fine rifle such as this. Best, tk

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-21-2012, 03:50 AM   #2

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Here are very good step by step instructions. doesn't require a lot of mechanical skill just patience and dexterity. We are here to help if you get jammed up...have fun.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_4/226782_.html

Oh yeah...you owe us some pics when you're finished.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 12-21-2012, 04:23 AM   #3

Liked 1019 Times on 716 Posts
Likes Given: 1016

Glad you got your parts on time. And it's normal not to get any build instructions, it is expected that anyone who's putting together an AR knows what they're doing I guess!

JPyle's got you covered though.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 12-21-2012, 04:28 AM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post

Here are very good step by step instructions. doesn't require a lot of mechanical skill just patience and dexterity. We are here to help if you get jammed up...have fun.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_4/226782_.html

Oh yeah...you owe us some pics when you're finished.
THANKYOU. I am not a dolt and build things for a living, lol. That pic is an excellent reference, as I spread out the bag o parts. I know, it is easy once u have done it. Best to you and yours, tk

Old 12-21-2012, 04:46 AM   #5

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomykay12 View Post
THANKYOU. I am not a dolt and build things for a living, lol. That pic is an excellent reference, as I spread out the bag o parts. I know, it is easy once u have done it. Best to you and yours, tk
Happy to help, just keep an eye on the takedown detent and spring...they have broken the will of many a man...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington