Latest budget AR - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Latest budget AR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2012, 02:25 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia View Post
I think he has his front sight on correctly. He just has it really far forward to get the maximum sight radius and it happens to hang off? I could be wrong. Unless you're talking about the rear sight. In that case, I'd be wrong also.
The mounting surface is on the front half of those sights.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 01-13-2012, 02:45 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelBarton
what was the budget on this?
Bare rifle came in right at 500, but I saved a ton using a BCG and barrel that I picked up used.

Old 01-13-2012, 02:48 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

The mounting surface is on the front half of those sights.
What's the advantage to that? I've never had a flip up front sight so I put it on how it felt easier to operate. I'm at work now, and my rifle here has a fixed FSB too. I will look at it when I get home though, always willing to learn something.

Old 01-13-2012, 04:13 AM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Not a MBUS but works under the same principle. Your sight is hanging off the front of the barrel which could lead to breakage and would make it hard to reset.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 01-13-2012, 04:29 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

Not a MBUS but works under the same principle. Your sight is hanging off the front of the barrel which could lead to breakage and would make it hard to reset.
I'll look at it when I get home, but if I swap it I will have to reach to the front of the sight to hit the button that flips it up. I'll have to see how that feels.