Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Latest budget AR (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/latest-budget-ar-55349/)

will_reed 01-12-2012 07:29 PM

Latest budget AR

1 Attachment(s)
I test fired this one this morning, it ran 100% after I realized that I had installed the hammer spring backwards, Lmao!

The light and RDS are just extras that I had laying around, I have an eotech on the way but the little Sightmark has held up on several different rifles and a couple of shotguns so far. The light is an XL50 Maglite, they are a great value IMO but not my first choice for a weapon light so it will get upgraded too.

Dusty123 01-12-2012 07:36 PM

Looks good. What are the specs. on it? (upper, lower, trigger Ect.)

will_reed 01-12-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty123
Looks good. What are the specs. on it? (upper, lower, trigger Ect.)

PSA upper, Spike's lower, PSA lpk and stock kit, Colt barrel and BCG (used), EBay MI knockoff rail.

Some of these parts where intended for a different, more high end rifle for myself (mainly the Colt stuff) but my dad had asked me to find him a Mini 14 for use around the farm, and since I had most of the stuff laying around to put together an AR instead...

The rail was really cheap, and I was worried about it until it got here. I had asked the seller some questions and he told me that if I wasn't happy with the quailty, he would refund my money including shipping both ways. I normally use MI or YHM on budget guns, and I think this one is as good as either of those.

AgentTikki 01-13-2012 12:51 AM

um, I'm gonna venture that the hammer spring is not the only thing that's on backwards.....

o.O

mjkeat 01-13-2012 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AgentTikki (Post 675581)
um, I'm gonna venture that the hammer spring is not the only thing that's on backwards.....

o.O

LOL Someone should come up w/ the stat of how many new rifles have the sights on backward to those that don't.

will_reed 01-13-2012 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AgentTikki

o.O

Enlighten me.

AndyRexia 01-13-2012 01:33 AM

I think he has his front sight on correctly. He just has it really far forward to get the maximum sight radius and it happens to hang off? I could be wrong. Unless you're talking about the rear sight. In that case, I'd be wrong also.

Quentin 01-13-2012 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by will_reed (Post 675585)
Enlighten me.

Read the post above yours! Now look at the front of your rifle! :D

will_reed 01-13-2012 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quentin

Read the post above yours! Now look at the front of your rifle! :D

The button is easier for me to reach turned that way.

MichaelBarton 01-13-2012 02:15 AM

what was the budget on this?