Lancer L5 AWM Magazine
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Lancer L5 AWM Magazine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2013, 12:18 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 392 Times on 254 Posts
Likes Given: 1405

Default Lancer L5 AWM Magazine

After doing reaction drill with my buddy today (who's been learning FAST, considering he only had 5 sessions with me since he got the RRA he is amazingly quick and accurate.. getting the full potential out of the RRA!!)

Afterwards I picked up a Lancer L5 AWM Magazine.
The the latest version so its made to also fit HK416/MR556/M24 rifles. (more about that below).

It has 2 reall cool features:

Its the "transluscent smoked" version of the Lancer L5.

Body feels very strong a little stronger than PMag Gen 2 and about equal to the TAPCO Gen 2 and PMag Gen3.
it has numbers on the side of the mag to show how many rounds so are in it.

It's most interesting feature is that the upper part of the magazines is steel and this includes the lips which is really cool as I know they will not get worn or damaged easily.
The "smoked" translucent, ( which is the one I like best) is transclucent enough you can see the rounds but not so translucent that a coppery golden shine of brass might give your postion away thru an unfortunate happenstance.

Magazine was $20 retail at a store that sold 30 round black PMags, Gen2 for 10 bucks each if bought in a group of five.
Also because it is a new version made (just like the Gen 3 PMag) to fit HK416/HKMR556/M24 type rifles/LMG's it is missing that small extra raised line on the back of it's spine that many polymer Mags have.

The PMag Gen 2 has it the TAPCO Gen 2 has it.

That missing raised line area helps it fit properly into those new rifles that had issues with fitting gen2 PMags and other magazines.
You can see in one picture the Gen 2 PMag on top and the gen3 PMag in middle and on left the lancer L5 to notice the difference compared to the original style PMag on top

As a result the Lancer L5 just like the PMag Gen3 fits a normal AR a bit looser.
This was noticeable on both the LWRC and the SiG516 I had handy for fit testing.
it did not make it function any less but I noticed it just like the PMag gen 3 and i had been hoping it might be tighter.

I have not had chance to function test it a lot yet but just from looking at it its quite impressive

100_1649b.jpg   100_1650.jpg   100_1651.jpg   100_1652.jpg   100_1653.jpg  

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

EVERY DAY MEN WHO WILL FOLLOW ORDERS TO KILL YOU, EXERCISE. DO YOU?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-24-2013, 08:50 PM   #2

Hmmm.. No one wants to discuss this interesting magazine?

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Last edited by bluez; 12-24-2013 at 09:11 PM.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:21 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 268 Times on 210 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Lancer's 30rd AWM mags are outstanding. They're probably my favorite AR mags, although I also have no complaints about PMags or Troys. I have a bunch of all three and would feel content depending on any of them.

The one caveat is that I also have a few Lancer 10rd AWMs, and they haven't been great in my experience. Too bad, since I really like the 10-rounders for bench shooting at the range. They just don't lock up well and it's not uncommon for the bolt to fail to grab a new round when cycling.

Old Yesterday, 12:17 AM   #4

Update.

I am converting my stash to Lancers.
Albeit the FDE opaque (sp?) ones due to lesser expense.

I also like that they are much smaller than PMags so they fit into my USGI back up rigs

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Old Yesterday, 12:24 AM   #5
That looks like it hurt
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 674 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 375

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluez View Post
Update.

I am converting my stash to Lancers.
Albeit the FDE opaque (sp?) ones due to lesser expense.

I also like that they are much smaller than PMags so they fit into my USGI back up rigs
I have some a few years old that are the 30 rd. and I really like them. Very tough and never have malfunctioned on me. Those really look more stout and the mag. is a bit easier to see through on your's. I will have to look into the new ones. Thanks for the info......